• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Let's make each other feel old

terraplnr

Cyburbian
This weekend I happened to watch SNL's "Carrey Family Reunion" with my boys (a skit from 2014, that I hadn't seen before) and it made me realize:

1) Fire Marshall Bill was 30 years ago
2) Ace Ventura was 25 years ago
3) Adults in the 90's were probably SO ridiculously annoyed at all of us kids imitating Jim Carrey's characters all of the time. . . between that and Beavis and Butthead imitations, its no wonder the Boomers like to just ignore Gen X and are irritated with Millenials :roflmao:
4) But kids today still think Jim Carrey's old characters are hilarious

Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus

Rygor

Cyburbian
I'm closer to 60 than I am to 21. I was 22 for Y2K. 9/11 was longer ago than Kennedy getting shot was to my parents when I was a little kid. I also remember standing up in the seat of my grandpa's pickup while he drove around town when I was 3 or 4. It didn't even have shoulder belts- just lap ones. Nobody batted an eye but now he'd be arrested and I'd be taken captive by DCFS.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I know what a dial is and I won’t hesitate to use one if threatened. Now get the heck off my lawn!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I am wearing a sweater right now that is two years older than The Terminator