• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Let's trade: A Cyburbia Game.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Let's say I want something I can't find easily in my local area; like some Tim Horton's donuts or some Seattle coffee. I'd then post my request here. You read my request, you have access to the goods I need, and you offer a trade. For instance, you would want some KC Bar-B-Que sauce. I want something that costs about $20, you'd request about $20 worth of sauce. I then choose to accept or reject your offer. We each pay for the shipping out of our pocket for the item(s) we send. The other party to the transaction does the same. The newest Cyburbia Game

I'll go first. I want a "Same Rules, Same Rights, Same Road" bumper sticker for my Volvo. The bicycle people should have some just laying around. Cheap enough game starter.

PS - I'm not responsible for any federal agents that my show up at your house if you trade with MikeD. ;)

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
I want a blueberry muffin from the Muffin Tin located in Traverse City, Michigan. I haven't had one in almost 3 years. I will gladly pay anyone $50 to bring me a fresh one here at my office in mid-Michigan on any workday morning.

donk

Cyburbian
I am always looking for pint glasses for my collection.

Prefer microbrewery or bicycle related ones, the odder the better or event related preferred. I already have most of the easy ones to get.

Let me know what you got and what you want in exchange for them.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
I am always looking for pint glasses for my collection.

Prefer microbrewery or bicycle related ones, let me know what you got and what you want in exchange for them.
I have about half dozen pint glassess in storage, and I recall they are all from U.K. breweries. I'd be glad to part with them for some burned copies of CD's, your pick.

Wm.J.Lufred

There really is such a thing as "good" Chai? I thought it was just one of those marketing things.

I'd be looking for a pair of black over the ankle Red Wing boots--but not the ones with the really thick lug sole. Steel toe--you know just a really good pair of dress boots.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I'm looking for the offical plant of Humboldt County, CA ...

Sorry EG....no "Bike Nazi" stickers here.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Er, right, chai. I'm a horrid speller if you haven't noticed. I've tasted stuff that I like, and there's a youpie tea blender in town that makes a pretty good blend, but I've picked through Little India and that's all I can find. No place in Chinatown carries it ether, but they have just about every variant of Oriental tea, which is nice.

bocian

Cyburbian
Looking for 100% cotton THIN organic socks suitable for bicycle riding.
Easy request.

Habanero

Cyburbian
jordanb said:
Er, right, chai. I'm a horrid speller if you haven't noticed. I've tasted stuff that I like, and there's a youpie tea blender in town that makes a pretty good blend, but I've picked through Little India and that's all I can find. No place in Chinatown carries it ether, but they have just about every variant of Oriental tea, which is nice.
You're in Chicago, right? Try your local market, or Starbucks.

nerudite

Cyburbian
If anyone needs something readily available in Canada (i.e. something I can get here in Alberta), I would be happy to trade for food products I can't get here. Redvines, redvines, redvines!

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
If anyone needs something readily available in Canada (i.e. something I can get here in Alberta), I would be happy to trade for food products I can't get here. Redvines, redvines, redvines!
I'd take a job. ;) Two actually, one for me and one for the Mr.

el Guapo

Capitalist
jordanb said:
I have some Himalayan Darjeeling that was smuggled out of Tibet in the anal cavity of a Sherpa fleeing the Chi-Coms. Its good shit man. <= Family connections. I'll let it go at $10.00 an ounce. Deal?

pete-rock

Cyburbian
I want two pounds of fried shrimp from Dot & Etta's Shrimp House on 9 Mile and Greenfield in Oak Park, MI. It's just outside of Detroit. I'd gladly pass on any Chicago delicacy (a Chi-town hot dog or deep-dish pizza, perhaps?) to anyone who gets it.

Two pounds is probably 30 bucks. And don't forget the hot sauce.

Habanero

Cyburbian
EG said:
I have some Himalayan Darjeeling that was smuggled out of Tibet in the anal cavity of a Sherpa fleeing the Chi-Coms. Its good shit man. <= Family connections. I'll let it go at $10.00 an ounce. Deal?
So you're saying it tastes like @$$....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
I want some Dixie Beer... (Planderella)

Also, I'm a shotglass collector... so, if people need chunks of obsidian or other stuff from Oregon, lemme know.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'd be willing to trade a shotglass for some rain- AZ doesn't get much. *stupid desert*

The Irish One

I'm looking for the offical plant of Humboldt County, CA ...
Just drive on any rural road. If you want the living plant, bring your camo gear, plenty of weapons and stealth military training.

Last edited:

Cardinal

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Perhaps a trade may be worked out... a couple bags of Red Vines for a couple bags of Smarties? I rarely eat candy, but I love English chocolate.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Everything that I would want would have to be shipped in dry ice. Gates BBQ ribs from KC, a grouper sandwich from Frenchy's on Clearwater Beach, Fla, a Cuban sandwich from Carmine's in Ybor City (Tampa), a stromboli from some place in NYC near the Sheraton Manhattan, and a couple of steak tacos from the Taco & Burrito Palace on Broadway in Chicago.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
donk said:
Prefer microbrewery or bicycle related ones, the odder the better or event related preferred. I already have most of the easy ones to get.
You do have a Fat Tire glass, right? It's both microbrewery AND bcycle related.

I've got the ultimate event pint glass ... two of 'em, as a matter of fact. The APA 1997 San Diego conference glass.

Repo Man said:
Gates BBQ ribs from KC
Overrated. Now, Arthur Bryant ribs, OTOH ... :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Michael Stumpf said:
Perhaps a trade may be worked out... a couple bags of Red Vines for a couple bags of Smarties? I rarely eat candy, but I love English chocolate.
Do you want Canadian smarties, or English smarties? There is a difference, ya know (English smarties are better).

donk

Cyburbian
For Chet, I'd love to trade, but I don't have access to a CD burner.

For Dan that is one of the ones I have been looking for on the internet, what do you want for it?

For Bocian. The best cycling socks I've found are Defeet. They are not cotton, they are available in either wool (woolie boolies really nice and soft and comy) part wool part nyclon (wool eator - not as soft but thinner) or just man made (aerator's- thin comfy last well)

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
jordanb said:
You know you can make it yourself. I took a south Indian cooking class last Fall and we made some. It's just black tea and some gound-up spices. I'll look for the receipe at home if you want it.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
Hey no problem... I can send you a Wonderbar too... that's the best corner store type candy bar they have up here... yum!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Red Vines for Aero bars. Whatcha' think, nerudite?

donk: The dogs and I are going to New Mexico on Thursday. I'll see what I can find along the way; there's three microbreweries in Las Cruces, so I should find something of interest.

You meant the Fat Tire pint glass, right?

Anyone want some good barbecue sauce?

donk

Cyburbian
Have a safe trip and I'd appreciate a fat tire ale pint glass.

Thanks for the offer.

What do you want?

(Dulse, pickled fiddle heads...)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Red Vines for Aero bars. Whatcha' think, nerudite?
Hey... that sounds good to me. You like plain Aero, or various flavors (I can think of mint and dark chocolate, but there may be more). Maybe we can arrange something for when I get back from the CIP conference in a few weeks. I'll PM you then. :)

donk

Cyburbian
nerudite,

Check out freak lunch box in halifax, for both redvines and various aero flavours. There is now a chunky aero too.

Since getting knocked up I have been craving Boiled P-nuts! I made some myself a little while ago, but they were just not the same as roadside, fresh out of the boiler, p-nuts.

We're going to Buffalo 4th of July weekend. Webers Horseradish Mustard anyone? :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hmmm...if anybody is hankering for Canadian goodies (Tim Horton's coffee, chocolate, etc.) lemme know. Tempt me with delicacies from your neck of the woods.

Dan - if it doesn't work out with Deb, I'll gladly trade you some Aero bars for some good KC BBQ sauce. I'd love to see how it works with grilled tofu...

From all of the places that I've visited, I've never been overwhelmed by their local delicacies. Maybe I was never introduced to them in the right sort of way. If anyone wants to be tempted from goodies from the land of milk and honey (New Orleans), let me know and we'll see what can be worked out.

P.S. Mastiff - I saw your Dixie beer request. :B

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Don't worry I've got your City of Woonsocket T-shirt needs taken care of.

Providence Mayor Cianci's marinara sauce is also still available even though he's in prison.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
Since getting knocked up I have been craving Boiled P-nuts! I made some myself a little while ago, but they were just not the same as roadside, fresh out of the boiler, p-nuts. :)
I feel the same way, except for the knocked up thing. I had some P-nuts at a Pirates game the other day and really got a craving to have them boiled. I believe that I'll have to buy some from the first stand that I see while I'm in Upstate SC over the 4th.

In related regional food cravings...I'm thinking of having an old fashioned pig picking for my wedding rehersal dinner next year. I think my family and friends will appreciate that more than a sit down dinner. Few things better than pulled pork BBQ and beer. My girl has tried to find a caterer that could do shrimp and grits for the reception (as a salute to us meeting in Charleston) but to no avail.
Things in PA are great but the food situation here in the land of stuffed cabbage and kilbasi has kind of got me down.

biscuit said:
My girl has tried to find a caterer that could do shrimp and grits for the reception (as a salute to us meeting in Charleston) but to no avail.
Shrimp and grits together?? I've never heard of that combo. How is the shrimp prepared?

biscuit

Cyburbian
I think it's a Charleston thing b/c I had never heard of it either until moving there for school. It's just boiled fresh shrimp over a plate of grits made with heavy cream. Then you top it with some kind of gravy/sauce and shallots. Sounds weird but man is it good stuff.

mcmplans

Cyburbian
One of the specialties of City Grocery in Oxford, MS was shrimp and grits. They used cheese grits and man was it great!! If you are ever in that area, try it out.

biscuit

Cyburbian
...And fried chicken. I'm feaning for some good stuff - KFC and Church's just don't cut it. I'll gladly send a Primanti Bros. sandwich , Clark Bars, and some cash to anyone who can get me some fried chicken from the Steak House in Walhalla, SC.

I need my grease fix.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
jmf knows what I want, but unfortunately I don't think you can send it through the mail. Courier maybe? I wonder...

biscuit

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
jmf knows what I want, but unfortunately I don't think you can send it through the mail. Courier maybe? I wonder...
Yes, you can send it through the mail. Just make sure to poke holes in the box so the hooker can breath. ;)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
biscuit said:
Yes, you can send it through the mail. Just make sure to poke holes in the box so the hooker can breath. ;)
You know, I wondered if somebody would take that post and make some sort of remark like that. But then I thought, no - this is cyburbia. That couldn't possibly happen here...;)

It's Garrison beer I'm after. Though I found out on the weekend that Kawartha Lakes Brewing Co. is a good replacement...