• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Let's trade: A Cyburbia Game.

donk

Cyburbian
If the liquor store has it, i'll get you a six pack and bring it next week.

just checked the liquor store site, mine does not carry it (surprise, surprise) but I will be near one that does. Hope you like the Irish Red

SGB

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
I've never been there so I wouldn't even know what to ask for.

Pendleton wool clothing!

Oh wait - you're in N'Ahrlens.

Nevermind! ;)

H

Cyburbian
mcmplans said:
One of the specialties of City Grocery in Oxford, MS was shrimp and grits. They used cheese grits and man was it great!! If you are ever in that area, try it out.

Oh this brings good memories.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......!!!!!!!

I want this!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
I want Butter Burgers dammit!!!

BUTTER BURGERS !!!!

Philly cheese steak for a butterburger from the two fine establishments in my City, Kopp's and Solly's. To save $, please send them parcel post. ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
You can always make her something...

Wow... Do we really want to go down that road? I'm not sure she'd like the kinds of things I make.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Wow... Do we really want to go down that road? I'm not sure she'd like the kinds of things I make.

Ya never know... she does have a honeymoon coming up. ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Jessie-J said:

Maybe Jessie would, though...

Where do you live, Jessie? I make fine leather and wood products, and love to trade... What's good in your area?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:
Maybe Jessie would, though...

Where do you live, Jessie? I make fine leather and wood products, and love to trade... What's good in your area?

Run Jessie, run! ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Habanero said:
I feel dirty and the sudden urge to have a cigarette.

Cool! My work is done here...

(Actually, the things I make end up being pretty spendy, but I tend to give them away to friends.)

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
BUTTER BURGERS

Mike D. said:
I want Butter Burgers dammit!!!

BUTTER BURGERS !!!!
Me too! Me too! They got Culvers in Champaign, they got Culvers in Bloomington, they got Culvers in Springfield, they even got Culvers in Peru, but do they got Culvers in Decatur? Nuh uh! Please tell my friends in Sauk City, we gotta have Culvers here. Please.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I'd trade just about anything in this godforsaken state for a date with Aimee Mann.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: BUTTER BURGERS

DecaturHawk said:
Me too! Me too! They got Culvers in Champaign, they got Culvers in Bloomington, they got Culvers in Springfield, they even got Culvers in Peru, but do they got Culvers in Decatur? Nuh uh! Please tell my friends in Sauk City, we gotta have Culvers here. Please.

There is one across the street from my office. BEWHAAAHAAAHAAAA! What ya gonna gimme?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Re: BUTTER BURGERS

Chet said:
There is one across the street from my office. BEWHAAAHAAAHAAAA! What ya gonna gimme?

And I went there for lunch today. I didn't even have to buy.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Re: BUTTER BURGERS

Michael Stumpf said:
And I went there for lunch today. I didn't even have to buy.

7:53 PM CST Friday night.

Please tell me you're waiting for the 8:00 time to pick up your date for the night. ;)

I'm just checking in since Dan and EG are gone. Gotta go see Prudence's band play at 9:30...

edit: OK my friday night is pathetic.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Is anyone here single? I'll trade some really good St. Louis bbq sauce for a really nice guy.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

ummmm, I live in St. Louis, you could get a REALLY GOOD car jacking if you wanted one.

heheh, I am a potter/ ceramic artist, so I could make someone some really cool bowls or plates or vases or something.... fine leather and wood sounds like a good match.... :)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Oh Mastiff... I know something from Oregon and only Oregon that I would love sometime...

Firenza Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix. The best brownies I've ever had. I could send you a special cd.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I like bowls ... glass ones .... the ones that change colors ...

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Re: Re: BUTTER BURGERS

Chet said:

I could send you some genuine NovaSoy products from Decatur-based food giant Archer Daniels Midland, best known for conspiring to fix worldwide lysine prices. I could also send some hydroponic lettuce-never had dirt on it.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
I like bowls ... glass ones .... the ones that change colors ...

I'd have to seriously play with some glazes to get multifaceted tones. What about a metallic look? Could you settle for that?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Jessie-J said:
I'd have to seriously play with some glazes to get multifaceted tones. What about a metallic look? Could you settle for that?

...... its gotta be glass.... and its gotta change colors as the smoke goes through ;)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
nerudite said:
Oh Mastiff... I know something from Oregon and only Oregon that I would love sometime...

Firenza Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix. The best brownies I've ever had. I could send you a special cd.

I do believe we have a deal... any particular place to get it?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Jessie-J said:
ummmm, I live in St. Louis, you could get a REALLY GOOD car jacking if you wanted one.

I'll take that deal. I factory ordered a car that hasn't showed up yet (week #13 and counting).

Would settle for the insurance claim on the trade in. :(

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Jessie-J said:

heheh, I am a potter/ ceramic artist, so I could make someone some really cool bowls or plates or vases or something.... fine leather and wood sounds like a good match.... :)

Erm... Perhaps in some odd way, yes.

Jessie-J

Cyburbian
for trade.... a good match for trade.

I've been working on building a new kiln so that I start doing reduction firings. More colors to play with.

Anyone interested?

Planit

Cyburbian
BUMP

Since the Beer Exchange kinda fizzeled after one shot...I'll trade 2 or 3 22oz bottles of the finest microbrewery beer made in our fair city - your choice of style (pale ale, black, hefe, red, stout, etc.).

Any takers? Whatcha got?

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Since the Beer Exchange kinda fizzeled after one shot...I'll trade 2 or 3 22oz bottles of the finest microbrewery beer made in our fair city - your choice of style (pale ale, black, hefe, red, stout, etc.).

Any takers? Whatcha got?

Would you accept three house cats in exchange for three bottles of pale ale? Only one of the cats barfs frequently.

Tarf

Cyburbian

Any takers? Whatcha got?

How's about a nice 11% beer that doesn't taste like 11%? Or perhaps you prefer a beer that insults you?

I'd trade some of that for proof that Americans can make a decent micro-brewed Lager (only one I've found so far is Kona Brewery, but that's Hawaii so doesn't count as an American microbrew :p).

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian

Any takers? Whatcha got?

I'm up for another beer exchange. I think it was hard getting any traction in the warmer weather because everybody was focused on mint juleps. Maybe a fall or Octoberfest-themed beer exchange would get more takers.

Planit

Cyburbian
Would you accept three house cats in exchange for three bottles of pale ale? Only one of the cats barfs frequently.

Sorry RJ, the dog might enjoy the cats, but something tells me thats not the right thing to do.

How's about a nice 11% beer that doesn't taste like 11%? Or perhaps you prefer a beer that insults you?

I'd trade some of that for proof that Americans can make a decent micro-brewed Lager (only one I've found so far is Kona Brewery, but that's Hawaii so doesn't count as an American microbrew :p).

I can get Arrogant Bastard locally, but not the other. PM me and we'll talk turkey. (BTW - I enjoyed a nice black IPA from Southern Tier Brewery inn NY last night).

I'm up for another beer exchange. I think it was hard getting any traction in the warmer weather because everybody was focused on mint juleps. Maybe a fall or Octoberfest-themed beer exchange would get more takers.

I'm in, PM me as well and we'll try to work something out.