Lighting Lighting ordinances

gtpeach

Cyburbian
Does anyone have a relatively simple "dark sky" lighting ordinance that they think is reasonable and enforceable? I'm almost done with some revisions to one of our zoning districts, and I wanted to try to start addressing some of the lighting concerns, but I haven't found a great way to do it at this time.

DVD

Cyburbian
Most of the ones I've seen do everything through shielding requirements and lumens at the property line. Arizona cities do a lot of that. Try Scottsdale.

Downward facing, less than 1 lumen at property line, full cut-off and parking lot lights limited to 4000k. Building and parking lot lighting off one hour after close or 11 PM, whichever is earlier. Sign lighting off 1/2 hour after business is no longer open to the public.

AG74683

Cyburbian
We don't have too much on lighting standards. We did adopt a conditional use for a motorsport use that references some things found in the IDA (International Dark-Sky Association and the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America's model lighting ordinance. It's a good start. You can find info HERE.