• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whether it's Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, some pirate site (avast ye mates) or whatever - what did you recently complete, what is your current and what's your next binge watch?

my most recent: The X Files, The Fall, Crossing Lines

Current: Blue Bloods - I also watch Psych with my son, and New Girl and Criminal Minds with my teenaged daughter

Future: House of Cards (can't wait for new season to start), Peaky Blinders

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Currently Chuck. Before that it was Firefly (I know it's hard to do a 'binge' when there were only 14 episodes of the entire series) and Smallville

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Most recently: Sherlock

Currently: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I've seen every episode at least 2x but I'm still going through the whole series again)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
For the record the best way to watch a series is when there are no commercials or weekly/season waits between episodes. It's easy to follow the story arc of a season and see how characters develop when earlier episodes are fresh in your mind.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
What is this thing called "binge watch" of which you speak?

(Some of you people need to get a hobby, go outside every now and then, or get between the sheets early. ;) )

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Last binged series: Breaking Bad. Now all other series aren't as good as Breaking Bad although I am enjoying Better Call Saul.

. . .Currently: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I've seen every episode at least 2x but I'm still going through the whole series again)
The episode with Lil' Kev is my favorite.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Previous "binges": The Sopranos, Lost.

Current "binge": Shameless (about 1/2 thru Season 2).

otterpop

Cyburbian
I've been watching every episode of Bonanza in the order it was aired. I am in season 8 of 14.

When I take a break from that, I watch "Lost Girl," which is a Canadian series about this kick-ass succubus and good and bad supernatural beings living in the modern world.

Another binge pleasure is "Forensic Files," which air on HLN. They commonly run four episodes in a row in the evening.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
This Old House and Ask This Old House. (PBS app on Apple TV or you can watch them at thisoldhouse.com)

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Previous binges include:

Crossing Lines
The Fall
Sherlock
Death in Paradise (the BBC show, not the movie)

Queued up for binging when I'm not still in moving mode:

How the States got their Shapes
Twin Peaks
The Job
Justified (saw the first two seasons)

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Orange is the New Black
Call the Midwife
Sherlock

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
I don't really binge watch unless the weather sucks. But I do stream a lot of shows and watch an episode every couple of nights:

Current:
Peaky Blinders

On my list:
The Fall
Homeland (watched early seasons, but kinda forgot about it)
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
The Sopranos
Sons of Anarchy
Top of the Lake
Black Books

Recent, awaiting next season:
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
The Killing

Recent, completed:
Dexter

Recent, but likely won't continue:
Salem

Jen

Cyburbian
bring on the binge

Bingeing on both Game of Thrones and The White Queen, as fast as netflix can turn it around

Last binged on Call the Midwife a true binge it was on demand

fondly recall my first two binges, courtesy of free HBO for 6 months The Sopranos and Rome.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
The only two series on these posts I've ever seen were Bonanza and the X Files. We don't watch much in the way of series t.v., maybe catch Parks & Rec here and there. The only thing I could say we've "binged" watched was 3 National Lampoon Vacation movies one day over the holidays.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Last: The Wire
Current: Whitechapel
Next: ?? - whatever looks good either on Amazon Prime or from Netflix

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Most of what I have binge watched has been listed already, so I will simply suggest to you that if have Netflix and are binge-watching crime dramas etc., RIPPER STREET should be on your list.
Also, though Hulu users should be binge-watching Community. It's sad that I don't see it on the lists like I should. (sniff) . :)

Last thing: Only Suburb Repairman listed Black Books, which, though an acquired taste, is some of the best comedy I've ever enjoyed. Extra points to you, SIr.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
I went through as many JJ Abrams shows as I could: Lost, Fringe, Felicity, (there were others). It was fun to see the similarities in all of his work.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Recently completed and waiting for more:
Orange is the New Black
Mozart in the Jungle
Walking Dead

Completed but don’t want to watch any more, the son and eldest daughter characters annoyed the crap out of me:
Transparent

Current:
Community
New Girl
Once Upon a Time
(yeah, just been in a light fare mood lately)

Future:
I want to rewatch Sherlock – some of the episodes I watched in the post-baby sleep deprivation fog so barely remember.
I also want to get into Scandal and get back into House of Cards, but just haven’t been in the mood for those type of shows lately.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I just discovered PBS's Shakespeare Uncovered. Fascinating show that put the play in context of both when they were written and modern times. I've discovered a deeper appreciation of the immortal bard.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reboot of Beauty and the Beast tv series.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Currently starting season 3 of 'Newhart'

Otis

Cyburbian
Californication. My goodness, there's a lot of T&A in that series.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Last: The Wire
Current: Whitechapel
Next: ?? - whatever looks good either on Amazon Prime or from Netflix
Ended up being stymied on Whitechapel - Amazon pulled it down off Prime availability with on episode in Series 3 left and all of Series 4. I guess I'll get back to it some day.

Knocked out The Last Enemy a week or so ago - a good watch for fans of the current BBC Sherlock - it's basically Benedict Cumberbatch's audition tape...

Current binge watch: Bosch

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Recently completed: TurN (about Revolutionary War spy)

I'm now working my way through Black Mirror, which is like a modern version of Twilight Zone & focused on dystopian technology

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I'm binging on Game of Thrones season 4 this week (as well as cramming through the audio versions of A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons) in preparation for season 5 of GoT starting up this Sunday.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new Netflix series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt produced by Tina Fey. Hilarious.

TOFB

Cyburbian
I have binge watched Dexter and OINB. That's it. Nothing now.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally finished Burn Notice and loved it!

not sure what to watch next, I feel lost, somehow

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Recently started "Babylon 5". That show was underrated.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Borrowed Season 3 of VEEP from the library on Monday and have three episodes left for this evening.

Love this show. JLD is a goddess.

Last edited:

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Have been watching "Orphan Black" over the past couple of weeks (free if you have Amazon Prime) and I highly recommend, reminds me of the X-Files with the biotech and military conspiracies. My sister apparently binge-watched the entire first season over the weekend (10 episodes). I am so impressed by Tatiana Maslany's ability to convincingly act out all of the distinct "clone" characters.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
currently watching Damages - it feels like my last job but I gotta see what happens so binge I must :r:

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Over the past few days my wife and I watched the first 9 episodes of The Brink on HBO. Jack Black as a low-level diplomat and Tim Robbins as a womanizing Secretary of State trying to handle a coup in Pakistan doesn't sound like a promising premise (and I think HBO's comedies can be hit or miss) but this is pretty good. It's a nice combination of dark humor and just enough drama. I'm sad there's only one episode left, but it looks like it's been picked up for a second season.

Also, John Larroquette should always be cast as a sleazeball or weirdo.

DVD

Cyburbian
I did Walking Dead, I just started Heroes. Never actually watched any of those shows before. Not bad.

Habanero

Cyburbian
The new Netflix series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt produced by Tina Fey. Hilarious.
That's next on my list, but otherwise it's Peaky Blinders, Sherlock, and OITNB. I don't have time to binge watch though, maybe an episode here or there every few nights.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Have been watching "Orphan Black" over the past couple of weeks (free if you have Amazon Prime) and I highly recommend, reminds me of the X-Files with the biotech and military conspiracies. My sister apparently binge-watched the entire first season over the weekend (10 episodes). I am so impressed by Tatiana Maslany's ability to convincingly act out all of the distinct "clone" characters.
I just started season 3. Definitely TVMA at times.8-!

HomerJ

Cyburbian
Currently flying through Dr. Who on Netflix, can't believe I waited so long to give this show a try. It's amazing!

Before that I was binge watching Bob's Burgers, which in my opinion bears a lot in common with The Simpsons back during their stronger seasons.I think it's awesome that a lot of newer shows with more of a positive and feel-good approach can still be so well written (although I still love darker shows like The Wire, Sopranos, etc.).

DVD

Cyburbian
Currently flying through Dr. Who on Netflix, can't believe I waited so long to give this show a try. It's amazing!

Before that I was binge watching Bob's Burgers, which in my opinion bears a lot in common with The Simpsons back during their stronger seasons.I think it's awesome that a lot of newer shows with more of a positive and feel-good approach can still be so well written (although I still love darker shows like The Wire, Sopranos, etc.).
Love Dr. Who. Here's a Bad Wolf picture outside Cadillac Ranch.

TOFB

Cyburbian
I hate TV. That being said; I can't believe no one has mentioned Wet Hot American Summer. Gold.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I hate TV. That being said; I can't believe no one has mentioned Wet Hot American Summer. Gold.
We did go through that one... twice already. I loved the movie when it came out and the show was equally hilarious. Possibly even better than the movie. Paul Rudd and David Wain were great! There's a pretty good interview with WHAS creators David Wain and Michael Showalter on the Podcast "Bullseye" from a couple of weeks ago that's worth checking out.

On a The State related note, there are rumors that there are scripts for a couple dozen more episodes of Reno 911! that NetFlix wants to produce and is working with Comedy Central to get the rights to. I hope that happens.