• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

kjel

Super Moderator
I started that series last week!

Anyone else watching Tidying Up? I swear, the people in that show must not have had to move for years - how else do you have so much stuff pile up? Every time we move (and we're looking at our 3rd in 4 years), we purge like crazy.
It's great isn't it?

I watched two episodes. I think that was enough. I'm normally opposed to hanging on to crap and my house is small so it doesn't get too bad. I like her folding method, keeps things neater and saves on drawer space. I did take the opportunity to purge my closet of clothes that need to be retired or donated. No I did not thank my clothing for bringing me joy before passing them along.

I also got rid of my desk since no work actually got done on it and it seemed to be a repository for random things. I replaced it with an Ikea Ypperlig shelf and organized all of Bella's art supplies and little toys into bins. I may have bribed her with a $5 weekly allowance to keep it neat and she has so far.

Gedunker

Moderating
I finished The Kominsky Method and enjoyed it. The humor is certainly aimed at us older folks.

I am a little past halfway through You. The pilot was very good, but it has been trying harder and harder to jump the shark in each subsequent episode, IMO. I'll probably finish it since I am invested in Elizabeth Lail's character "Beck" and want to see what becomes of her.

DVD

Cyburbian
It's great isn't it?

I watched two episodes. I think that was enough. I'm normally opposed to hanging on to crap and my house is small so it doesn't get too bad. I like her folding method, keeps things neater and saves on drawer space. I did take the opportunity to purge my closet of clothes that need to be retired or donated. No I did not thank my clothing for bringing me joy before passing them along.

I also got rid of my desk since no work actually got done on it and it seemed to be a repository for random things. I replaced it with an Ikea Ypperlig shelf and organized all of Bella's art supplies and little toys into bins. I may have bribed her with a $5 weekly allowance to keep it neat and she has so far.
I've read the book and watched a couple episodes. They pick some great semi hoarders to deal with. The concept is easy. If it doesn't make you happy, why keep it. There is also lots of folding clothes and an organization system, but do what works for you. My problem, I don't hold on to much. My wife on the other hand thinks everything is precious and it all has a story behind it so we can't get rid of that even if it just sits in the garage for the last 10 years.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Sitting on the shitter. so I can’t really type out a full-blown review. I’ll just post an image. If you were a kid in the 1970s, and especially if you grew up in the Rust Belt, this is a not-miss.

Attachments

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Finished Maniac last week. Pretty good.

Now not sure what's next for me.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Sitting on the shitter. so I can’t really type out a full-blown review. I’ll just post an image. If you were a kid in the 1970s, and especially if you grew up in the Rust Belt, this is a not-miss.
I will have to check it out.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I didn't realize there was more than one season. The first season was hilarious but I remember reading that NetFlix had originally decided not to do additional seasons. I'll have to check it out again.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Watching Fortitude on Amazon now and it's great - finished The Expanse on Amazon too and it was also great.

Secret City and Borderliner on Netflix are also great

#needalife

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Almost finished with Sherlock and I'm sad that we're coming to a close. I loved it!

What should I watch once it's done?

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Yes! I loved Shetland!

Bodyguard
Republic of Doyle
Broadchurch
Fallet
Hinterland
Borderliner (watch it with subtitles)
Luther
Lillyhammer
Wallander
Retribution
Secret City
Tabula Rasa

Maister

Chairman of the bored
If there was ONE zombie-themed show on Netflix to watch, which would it be?

AG74683

Cyburbian
I was trying to find something to watch the other night on Netflix and decided to give Longmire a try. It's really pretty good. 6 seasons though, so I guess I have a lot to catch up on!

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Watch 'Shetland'. You might want to have the closed captioning on so you can read the subtitles until you're used to hearing the accent for a while
AHHHH!!! I watched the first two episodes last week and liked them a lot. Attempted to watch another last night... and it was removed from Netflix in some BBCexit thing on March 31st! Grrr!! I refuse to pay per episode so I guess that means I've gotta find another show.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
We recently started watching the iZombie series. I like the premise: crime fighting zombie working in medical examiner's office helps solve crimes and gets to eat a few brains along the way and adopt some of the dead individuals' personality characteristics

Planit

Cyburbian
We've been watching The After Life on Netflix. Dark humor and dry, but funny. Another Ricky Gervais project.

dw914er

Cyburbian
Ms. DW and I have been recently watching Amazon Prime shows. We finished Catastrophe, which we found funny, and are finishing Bosch, which we really enjoy.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Ms. DW and I have been recently watching Amazon Prime shows. We finished Catastrophe, which we found funny, and are finishing Bosch, which we really enjoy.
Including Season 5 of Bosch? That dropped last week, I think - started watching it last night. Mrs. Bubba and I are also working our way through Hanna on Prime - it's great.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I really liked Catastrophe but haven't watched the most recent (final?) season yet. If you liked Catastrophe and have access to FXX, You're The Worst is a pretty good show too. I think they just finished up their 5th and final season.

dw914er

Cyburbian
Including Season 5 of Bosch? That dropped last week, I think - started watching it last night. Mrs. Bubba and I are also working our way through Hanna on Prime - it's great.
We watched the earlier seasons a few weeks ago, and started watching Season 5 this past weekend.

DVD

Cyburbian
I watched Black Summer on Netflix. Don't bother. It was choppy and never tied together any of the story lines. They could have made it better, but instead it's just people running from zombies.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
I have
I watched Black Summer on Netflix. Don't bother. It was choppy and never tied together any of the story lines. They could have made it better, but instead it's just people running from zombies.
Running A LOT, from zombies. Also, the zombie noises were off-putting? I can picture the director saying "Now, babe, growl - but yell the growl like you're super-pissed about something. Roll!". Also buggy was that the zombies can't open doors, but they navigate stairs, they don't share victims, can tell humans from each other, etc. The praise for it all over the internet has been that there is no annoying backstory or exposition at all, which was great in the first few episodes, but eventually it's what I missed.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I have

Running A LOT, from zombies. Also, the zombie noises were off-putting? I can picture the director saying "Now, babe, growl - but yell the growl like you're super-pissed about something. Roll!". Also buggy was that the zombies can't open doors, but they navigate stairs, they don't share victims, can tell humans from each other, etc. The praise for it all over the internet has been that there is no annoying backstory or exposition at all, which was great in the first few episodes, but eventually it's what I missed.
I'm not sure why having a backstory would be 'annoying' to folks, but I get the whole James Bond-in-your-face-action opening to the story. But yeah, I too would eventually want to hear some sort of explanation if I was to follow a show for any length of time.

DVD

Cyburbian
I understand the concept of building a backstory. After all these are random strangers running from very fast moving zombies with basic pursuit skills like slip through the fence, but not opening doors. It's just that they gave you a random piece of a backstory and then brought it up later like you should understand more about the person even though they never shared more with you.

Without ruining the end for people. It just kind of ended. I imagine the people were happy for a second, but then they all died because where are they going next?

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Watching Witnesses on Netflix right now - it's very good

Just finishes Most Beautiful Thing and that was good too!

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Currently watching The Magicians (current season) and then Brooklyn 99 for comedic relief. Watched the most recent "season" of Santa Clarita Diet but the season was so short, I keep forgetting that it's over. :(

Bubba

Cyburbian
Including Season 5 of Bosch? That dropped last week, I think - started watching it last night.
Had a "holy crap, I've been there" moment with one of the S5 episodes of Bosch - not a case of "I've been to that city" or "I've been near that place", more of an "I've stood right there while working" moment.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Just starting Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime after getting caught up with The 100 on Netflix as the new series starts tomorrow night!

I am sure watching The 100 throws off my Netflix algorithm but that's something we should all do, really - let the man behind the curtain know who is in charge! lol

ursus

Just starting Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime after getting caught up with The 100 on Netflix as the new series starts tomorrow night!

I am sure watching The 100 throws off my Netflix algorithm but that's something we should all do, really - let the man behind the curtain know who is in charge! lol
I am actually the only fan of Sneaky Pete that I know. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

ursus

What's Sneaky Pete all about? (the lazy guy who could just google it asked)
Guy is a con artist, shares a cell with a guy who talks a lot about his home in upstate new york and his family he hasn't seen since he was like 13. The con man gets
Oooh, I love caper style shows. Leverage, for instance, or Ocean's 11, or the original Mission Impossible series.
If you like Leverage, you'll like Sneaky Pete. It's a little edgier than Leverage, but it names the cons, etc. It's fun that way.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I see they came out with season 4 now of "Lucifer". I'll have to watch as soon as I'm done with 'iZombie'

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Haven't been watching as much on Netflix or Prime, because my schedule has changed. I catch Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj, but have to remind myself that it's in season again.

I have been watching more stuff through my DVR. I'm watching S1 of American Gods right now (based on the book, and I really like it so far). Hubby and I are watching Chernobyl on HBO - and it is really good but depressing.

With summer approaching, I'll have to get back to my regularly watched Netflix shows.

zman

Cyburbian
Got through Letterkenny (waiting for the new season currently)

Starting to work my way through The Wire on Amazon Prime (originally on HBO).

AG74683

Cyburbian
Let us know if you've figured out whether Jacob Nighthorse is a good guy or a bad guy.
I really hate him, but I never believed he killed Walt's wife. He's definitely a scumbag who uses his heritage for the wrong reasons, but I didn't think he'd kill a defenseless woman like that. I was surprised at WHO killed his wife though (or rather who paid for it to happen). I haven't been so shocked and sad at a character death since The Red Wedding. Through it all, I really liked Branch. That one sucked.

j.graham

What We Do in the Shadows is an amazing comedy. Just as good as the movie if you've seen it. Last episode of season 1 is this coming Wednesday.

If you liked Flight of the Conchords this will be right up your alley.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
What We Do in the Shadows is an amazing comedy. Just as good as the movie if you've seen it. Last episode of season 1 is this coming Wednesday.
Would it be an impediment to enjoyment if one hasn't seen the movie first?