• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dark Spot was good, awaiting season 2

Just finished Season 3 of Designated Survivor - it was excellent and I hope they do a season 4!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Going to be done with iZombie later this week, then watch the recently added season 4 of Lucifer. After that I'm free up to watch something new. What shall it be....?

DVD

Cyburbian
Finished the latest Black Mirror. I still like the older stuff better, but it was okay.

Working on the new 3%.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
So I started watching Jessica Jones over the weekend. I'm about 3 episodes into it. It's not bad and on par with the previous seasons. I'm just curious where in the filming that they got the notice the series was cancelled. Of the Marvel series, I liked Jessica Jones and the Defenders the best.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Watched all of Fleabag (2 seasons) and Good Omens (1 season) on Amazon Prime recently.

Fleabag - pretty good, but second season better than first. Particularly liked the tone and sense of humor.

Good Omens - main characters/actors (Micheal Sheen and David Tenant) were excellent and overarching story interesting, but overall about 4 episodes too long and several secondary character/story lines could have been axed or severely limited.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
What was that western on Netflix about the town that was mostly populated by women following a mining disaster? That was pretty good.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
So I started watching Jessica Jones over the weekend. I'm about 3 episodes into it. It's not bad and on par with the previous seasons. I'm just curious where in the filming that they got the notice the series was cancelled. Of the Marvel series, I liked Jessica Jones and the Defenders the best.
Got through the first 4-5 episodes of Luke Cage, but then it got rote and boring. I didn't really care for the overlong villains' purpose/machinations.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Finished the latest Black Mirror. I still like the older stuff better, but it was okay.

Working on the new 3%.
Some Netflix stuff is just weird. Black Mirror got noticeably worse when it hit Netflix. Longmire on the other hand got WAY better when it became a Netflix original series.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Got through the first 4-5 episodes of Luke Cage, but then it got rote and boring. I didn't really care for the overlong villains' purpose/machinations.
I never could get through Daredevil. Iron Fist I gave up on several times during the first season, but stuck it out. I didn't get the first episode of the second season.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
This happened to me too. I really wanted to like it but stalled out.

I never could get through Daredevil. Iron Fist I gave up on several times during the first season, but stuck it out. I didn't get the first episode of the second season.
I may have slept through one of the many "Daredevil fighting ninjas, yet again" episodes.

Bubba

Cyburbian
My trash TV confession: The 10 pm Friday time slot on Cinemax has me hooked - the series they run are not high quality television programming, but they're damn good mindless entertainment. Strike Back, Rellik, Warrior, Jett...probably helps that I usually have had a couple of beers prior to watching them. :cheers:

Last edited:

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been on a Blacklist binge. Saw a couple more recent episodes and decided to go back to the beginning. Almost done with the 4th season. James Spader is great.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
My wife and I binged the final season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend over the past 10 days or so. I really enjoyed it and it felt especially upbeat after the last season. My wife didn't care for the ending of the finale, but I enjoyed it and I think it was a logical ending.

Anybody other cyburbians watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? I remember we watched the first season on a whim because the premise sounded interesting (a musical about a wacky layer lady gives up high powered NYC job to move to suburban LA and stalk an ex she hasn't seen in years) and we were surprised at how good of a show it was and how well written it was. The songs never failed to make us laugh.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
My wife and I binged the final season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend over the past 10 days or so. I really enjoyed it and it felt especially upbeat after the last season. My wife didn't care for the ending of the finale, but I enjoyed it and I think it was a logical ending.

Anybody other cyburbians watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? I remember we watched the first season on a whim because the premise sounded interesting (a musical about a wacky layer lady gives up high powered NYC job to move to suburban LA and stalk an ex she hasn't seen in years) and we were surprised at how good of a show it was and how well written it was. The songs never failed to make us laugh.
Yep. Watched and loved the first season, then lost track of it in season 2.

For sure, most of the songs in season 1 are exceptional. I have yet to get around to the subsequent seasons, but plan on it.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Started Designated Survivor last night. Keifer Sutherland is great as President, but I keep waiting for him to go all Jack Bauer whenever someone does something to threaten the security of the country.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ha - never watched 24 so I still see him as "all shucks" kind of guy

just finished the second season of Dark on Netflix - German show - they better do a season 3 because I remain confused - if you like time travel paradox, you will love this show but you have to pay attention

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Started Designated Survivor last night. Keifer Sutherland is great as President, but I keep waiting for him to go all Jack Bauer whenever someone does something to threaten the security of the country.
I don't watch much regular network TV but I really liked that show. It ended rather abruptly which was a real bummer. And he was a planner and president so that was cool.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I got grounded on Saturday evening because of breathing problems. I ended up watching Blown Away on Netflix. It's a competition show involving glass blowing. It ended up being both very interesting and educational. Y'all should check it out.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I watched the new Netflix show Another Life on Friday and Saturday. It was....largely a mess. I wouldn't say it was a BAD show, but it wasn't a good show either. I'll watch season 2 (if it gets one) only because it ended on a pretty big cliffhanger.

I only watched the show because Katee Sackhoff and Justin Chatwin are in it. It has a super low score on Rotten Tomatoes. It's currently at 7% which is awful. It wasn't the best show, but certainly not deserving of a score that low.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
There's only 10 episodes available, but I found 'Blown Away' to be very interesting and learned something about glassblowing in the process of watching it.

WYP, did you agree with the judges final pick for winner of the competition?

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
There's only 10 episodes available, but I found 'Blown Away' to be very interesting and learned something about glassblowing in the process of watching it.

No, I think it was the politically correct decision. I didn't get the gender politics aspect of it. The egg was good, but the hole in the frying pan was a a gender politics statement, seriously? The other contestant had a more consistent body of work. Granted his final piece was a bit abstract, but you could at least see what he was getting at. I still like when one of the contestants did the egg with chicken feet sticking out. It was cute and funny.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
No, I think it was the politically correct decision. I didn't get the gender politics aspect of it. The egg was good, but the hole in the frying pan was a a gender politics statement, seriously? The other contestant had a more consistent body of work. Granted his final piece was a bit abstract, but you could at least see what he was getting at. I still like when one of the contestants did the egg with chicken feet sticking out. It was cute and funny.
You and I see eye to eye on the final decision.

I liked the egg with the feet too. I get the impressions the judges thought the guy was consistently turning out gift shop products and not serious 'art'. I don't think they were entirely wrong either.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I liked the egg with the feet too. I get the impressions the judges thought the guy was consistently turning out gift shop products and not serious 'art'. I don't think they were entirely wrong either.
I agree with that. You would expect more for a competition.

Planit

Cyburbian
Been watching Documentary Now on Netflix. Neat little spoof show on documentaries. Mrs. P watched the first couple before she turned to me and asked if this was real. It's well done and is a SNL alumni project created by Fred Armisen, Bill Hader, Seth Meyers, and Rhys Thomas...you'll recognize that after the first few shows. Helen Mirren introduces each episode.

I can watch about 3 in a row at one sitting.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Documentary Now! is fantastic, but I would call them loving homage parodies instead of spoofs.

Kind of like Weird Al's oeuvre.

The episode for the Coop cast sound track is one of the best.

DVD

Cyburbian
I've seen a few. I'll have to see a few more. Plus watch more of Portlandia. There are always little gems that come out once in a while like putting birds on things.

Right now I'm watching Westworld.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian

I hope they do another season of it.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Haven't started yet, but this is next...

NHPlanner

Staff member
Haven't started yet, but this is next...

Watched the first 3 episodes yesterday after work. Let me get this out of the way (though it should be obvious from the trailer)...Definitely NOT FOR CHILDREN.

So far I'm liking it...but I have the sense it could go either way from the point I'm at.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched the first 3 episodes yesterday after work. Let me get this out of the way (though it should be obvious from the trailer)...Definitely NOT FOR CHILDREN.

So far I'm liking it...but I have the sense it could go either way from the point I'm at.
Great..my 14 yo son is now watching it ugh

NHPlanner

Staff member

Bubba

Cyburbian
I've been binge-watching my way back though House of Lies - the first season or so is one long inside joke about my current (until next Thursday) firm.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's going to be a second season of it. The first was great as a stand alone...not sure why they feel the need to come back to it for another season.
Agreed - maybe they are going for the Jack Reacher thing?

I started watching Another Life in Netflix - not bad sci fi