• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, built environment shapers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Not a binge show, but did anyone else see that feature length animated film about the Book of Kells that was on Netflix a couple years ago? I forget what it was called.

1565273605098.png

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
So I broke down and started watching Battle Creek over the weekend on Netflix. It's a fun show, though the Kal Penn is woefully underused. I'm sorry I missed back in 2015.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched Trapped on Amazon - it's really good as long as you don't mind reading subtitles as it's in Icelandic

Finished Jack Ryan on Amazon - didn't think I would like it but I did though I feel like the it's the parallel universe of The Office

Doohickie

Cyburbian
My wife started watching The Good Place on Netflix, it drew me in. I saw the first couple episodes and the last couple, and she watched everything in between. Now I want to catch up and watch them all.

If you haven't watched it, it's a supernatural sitcom about the afterlife with lots of twists and turns, and lots of references to philosophy and the views of various philosophers. So it's light-hearted sitcom drivel and Philosophy 101 laid on top of each other.

AG74683

Cyburbian
My wife started watching The Good Place on Netflix, it drew me in. I saw the first couple episodes and the last couple, and she watched everything in between. Now I want to catch up and watch them all.
I got burned out on that show pretty quickly. The general concept is just pretty repetitive.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
I got burned out on that show pretty quickly. The general concept is just pretty repetitive.
Not having watched too much of it, I can see where that would be the case. Like I said, I watched the first couple and the last couple episodes and with my wife filling me in I don't feel like I missed very much; it was pretty easy to pick up the plot lines.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Not having watched too much of it, I can see where that would be the case. Like I said, I watched the first couple and the last couple episodes and with my wife filling me in I don't feel like I missed very much; it was pretty easy to pick up the plot lines.
Without giving anything away, things kinda break loose at the very end of season 1

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
What We Do in the Shadows is pretty funny. You should check out the second episode, "City Council".

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Not a binge show, but did anyone else see that feature length animated film about the Book of Kells that was on Netflix a couple years ago? I forget what it was called.
I remember my son watching it (I think it was just called the "Book of Kells") and the animation was really pretty.

I enjoyed "The Good Place," especially after the "twist" was revealed. Am waiting for Season 3 to become available.

Recently semi-binged Seasons 3 of Jessica Jones and GLOW, and watched "The Boys" before that. "The Boys" was pretty crazy and I needed a mental break from superheros when it was over. GLOW alternated between the usual silliness, some serious topics, and complete frustration. Season 3 of Jessica Jones was very slow to start, but eventually picked up.

Currently watching Season 2 of Big Little Lies. Meryl Streep is such a good actor (and not in a likeable way, in this case. . . ugh).

AG74683

Cyburbian
Currently watching Season 2 of Big Little Lies. Meryl Streep is such a good actor (and not in a likeable way, in this case. . . ugh).
How is the show in general? I've thought about watching it but haven't dived in yet. I still pay for HBO even with nothing to watch.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
I've enjoyed it. I didn't know if my fiance would (he's not as much of a drama fan as me) but with so many big names and they way they rolled out the first season as a kind of murder mystery, he's enjoyed watching it as well.

A friend of mine stopped after the first episode because it reminded her too much of the stay-at-home wealthy moms she interacts with. :roflmao:

Rygor

Cyburbian
Hyperdrive.

Fun fact - it was filmed at the Eastman Business Park, located in Rochester, New York.
I watched the first episode of this. Fascinating and the skills of some of those drivers are just crazy. I was actually wondering where they built that course, too.

Wife and I have been alternating between the latest season of 13 Reasons Why and The Dark Crystal - both on Netflix. Just finished Mindhunter not long ago which was amazing (also Netflix). Highly recommend it.

AG74683

Cyburbian
The Dark Crystal - both on Netflix. Just finished Mindhunter not long ago which was amazing (also Netflix). Highly recommend it.
I suppose you need to see the original Dark Crystal to understand the show? I have never seen that movie. I'd like to but I'm not sure where to find it streaming.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I am old school.

Been binging the Six Million Dollar Man on Tubi TV
I have fond memories of watching that show in junior high. I suspect it hasn't aged well, and have chosen not to watch it again, so that it may remain a pleasant memory. We actually have a season of it on DVD that I got Junior as a present one year. He may have been too young at the time because he only watched a single episode and the disk set has sat there collecting dust for several years now. Since we're talking old school, maybe I should introduce him to Wonder Woman - he's of an age now that I'm confident he'd appreciate what a great thespian Lynda Carter was.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
I have fond memories of watching that show in junior high. I suspect it hasn't aged well, and have chosen not to watch it again, so that it may remain a pleasant memory. We actually have a season of it on DVD that I got Junior as a present one year. He may have been too young at the time because he only watched a single episode and the disk set has sat there collecting dust for several years now. Since we're talking old school, maybe I should introduce him to Wonder Woman - he's of an age now that I'm confident he'd appreciate what a great thespian Lynda Carter was.
I have a really weird, trippy memory of the bionic man meeting Big Foot, who was an alien robot spying on humanity. I've never tried to re-watch it because it exists as the best episode of TV ever produced in my 7-year old mind, and I want it to stay that way. For additional perfect memories please see Buck Rogers, The Incredible Hulk never finding a place to hang his hat, The Fall Guy, and that episode of the Brady Bunch where they go to the Grand Canyon.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I have a really weird, trippy memory of the bionic man meeting Big Foot, who was an alien robot spying on humanity. I've never tried to re-watch it because it exists as the best episode of TV ever produced in my 7-year old mind, and I want it to stay that way. For additional perfect memories please see Buck Rogers, The Incredible Hulk never finding a place to hang his hat, The Fall Guy, and that episode of the Brady Bunch where they go to the Grand Canyon.
Similarly, Godzilla vs the Smog Monster exists on that same plane of cinematic perfection.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
For additional perfect memories please see Buck Rogers, The Incredible Hulk never finding a place to hang his hat, The Fall Guy, and that episode of the Brady Bunch where they go to the Grand Canyon.
Dang, you managed to hit three of my favorite shows from that time period. As for Linda Carter, we should have a moment of silent appreciation for her errr, acting talent. She introduced some us to puberty.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Today, on a very special ABC After School Special...
Yeah, lots of fond memories of cinematic perfection there too. That, and you learned important life lessons like it's okay to rat out your friends at school for smoking cigarettes because it shows that you really care about their well-being!

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Similarly, Godzilla vs the Smog Monster exists on that same plane of cinematic perfection.
I have that on DVD. Its easily the weirdest of all Godzilla movies. But hey, I have Battle of the Gargantua's on DVD too.

In regards to the Six Million Dollar Man. Tubi has really good clarity. To me the show has aged a lot better than Buck Rogers or others from that era.

DVD

Cyburbian
We're forgetting about Battlestar Galactica. No Linda Carter, but still a good show.

Rygor

Cyburbian
I suppose you need to see the original Dark Crystal to understand the show? I have never seen that movie. I'd like to but I'm not sure where to find it streaming.
The new series is actually a prequel to the Dark Crystal movie so it's definitely not necessary to have seen the movie to understand it.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I started watching Designated Survivor over the weekend. I think I missed a couple of episodes from when I watched it before. It is as good as I remember, though it gets a bit over the top.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I started watching Designated Survivor over the weekend. I think I missed a couple of episodes from when I watched it before. It is as good as I remember, though it gets a bit over the top.
I didn't care for the 3rd season when Netflix took over production. They eliminated several good characters that made the show appealing, and filled that void with sex scenes

AG74683

Cyburbian
The new series is actually a prequel to the Dark Crystal movie so it's definitely not necessary to have seen the movie to understand it.
Good, I'll give it a try.

I decided to give Carnival Row from Amazon a try. Despite the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes (which are way off by the way), it is a great show. Weird concept and lots of odd things going on, but I've enjoyed it so far. Maybe I need to give Amazon shows more time.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
I didn't care for the 3rd season when Netflix took over production. They eliminated several good characters that made the show appealing, and filled that void with sex scenes
Agreed. I quit watching after a few of the 3rd season; too much had changed and I didn't like it at all. Too bad since I loved the first two seasons.

We're now watching Taken -- the series and just started the second and final season. This is a good show (although weird that only 2 characters transitioned from season 1 to season 2. Too bad it only lasted 2 seasons.

AlyssaN

Cyburbian
Started Just Desserts this past weekend. Almost done with it. Australian dessert competition. Good, mindless watching.

AG74683

Cyburbian
My parents were obsessed with that show and said the exact same thing. My experience has been that Netflix usually makes shows better when they take it over. Longmire was already a good show on A&E but drastically improved when Netflix picked it up.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
My experience has been that Netflix usually makes shows better when they take it over. Longmire was already a good show on A&E but drastically improved when Netflix picked it up.
Generally, I agree. Netflix has usually done a good job with the shows they've taken over. Longmire is but one example. But can't say the same with Designated Survivor. I think they tinkered too much with the formula in that instance.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Limited Netflix series The Spy. It was fantastic and Sacha Baron Cohen did an excellent job as the lead.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
My wife and I started watching The Righteous Gemstones on HBO the other day. There's only 5 episodes so far so we're already all caught up, but man am I ready for 5 more!

It's written and created by Danny McBride (who I think is one of the funniest writers and actors out right now) who also created Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals and stars himself, John Goodman, Adam DeVine, and Walton Goggins as sleazy megachurch pastors. It is hilarious.

AG74683

Cyburbian
My wife and I started watching The Righteous Gemstones on HBO the other day. There's only 5 episodes so far so we're already all caught up, but man am I ready for 5 more!

It's written and created by Danny McBride (who I think is one of the funniest writers and actors out right now) who also created Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals and stars himself, John Goodman, Adam DeVine, and Walton Goggins as sleazy megachurch pastors. It is hilarious.
This will be the next show I watch after I finish season two of Big Little Lies. It's got a freaking all star cast. Cassidy Freeman, who plays Amber, is basically my celebrity crush thanks to Longmire (she played Cady Longmire in that show).

I finished season 1 of Big Little Lies in like two days. It's not generally a genre I'd like, but damn is it a fantastic show. Another huge cast in that one featuring Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Alexander Skarsgård, Adam Scott, Zoe Kravitz, Laura Dern, and Meryl Streep in season 2. The child actors in the show are amazing too, especially Darby Camp and Ian Armitage. Camp steals the show though, she's great and is only like 10-11 years old.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Image result for agent jones in the matrix

Longmire had an awesome cast. They managed to snag a few high profile actors, such as Graham Greene and Lou Diamond Phillips, but even some of the relative unknowns were great in their roles. I noticed recently the lady who played Deputy Ferguson's girlfriend 'Meg' has gone on to play Ensign Tilley in Star Trek Discovery.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Currently working my way through season 2 of Mindhunter (Netflix)...a large piece of the story arc for this season is the Atlanta Child Murders. I didn't relocate to Atlanta until eight years after the killings stopped, but the paranoia it spawned at the time did impact us in other parts of the state.

"It's 10 PM - do you know where your children are?"