• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finsihed Tiger King and what a crazy-ass story that was

catching up on Good Girls on the NBC app - past seasons are on Netflix - it's actually a good show, considering it's network television

Also started The Pale Horse on Amazon - it requires concentration so it will take me awhile

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Totally worth watching right?! I'm still blown away with the insanity.
Yes I am glad I stayed with it so thank you

It's amazing people like this exist

but in Tiger King's defense - he is insane and should be in a mental facility and not prison imho - his manic behavior was just wow

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Finsihed Tiger King and what a crazy-ass story that was

catching up on Good Girls on the NBC app - past seasons are on Netflix - it's actually a good show, considering it's network television

Also started The Pale Horse on Amazon - it requires concentration so it will take me awhile
I watched Pale Horse. Very well made. The Poirot one with John Malkovich is good as well.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Moved on to Season 5 of 30 Rock last night.

Man that show is stellar comedy for effectively four straight seasons.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Yes I am glad I stayed with it so thank you

It's amazing people like this exist

but in Tiger King's defense - he is insane and should be in a mental facility and not prison imho - his manic behavior was just wow
We started this last night finally.... man what a shitshow. I mean like all around. The "what?!" moments in that show are just so crazy.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I'm impressed with how much TV watching some of you people do. I cant' seem to find the time.
I dont watch a lot of shows normally. My normal viewing consists of sports for the most part. In fact, I have Youtube TV and its almost useless to me without the sports. I could get by on Amazon Prime, Pluto TV which is free, and an antenna for local stuff/networks.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Netflix now has all of Community.

Watched the first three episodes last night.

Must pace myself.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
So I got Amazon going on my Roku. Watched some of the original Laugh-In episodes; I've found that I can't binge that. It's not good enough. It's like there's a lot of chaff and not enough wheat. Their best stuff is very, very good though.

I'm a season and a half into Dead Like Me. I really like it. It's kind of a strange show- part comedy, part fantasy, part drama, part soap opera. Unfortunately there are only two seasons (but apparently there is a movie that was meant to restart the series in 2009). If Wiki is to be believed, behind the scenes this series was a real shit show.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Which is the best season of Black Mirror?
One or two.

It's a hard choice with Fifteen Million Merits in Season 1, but White Bear in Season 2.

But Nosedive in Season 3 makes the season a contender.

AG74683

Cyburbian
New to the show or did you watch it first run as well?
I never watched it when it was on TV. I never watched The Office while it was on either.

I went home for lunch and watched 2 more episodes. I think Pierce is one of my favorite characters, although I always read that Chevy Chase was a total nightmare to work with on that show.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I never watched it when it was on TV. I never watched The Office while it was on either.

I went home for lunch and watched 2 more episodes. I think Pierce is one of my favorite characters, although I always read that Chevy Chase was a total nightmare to work with on that show.
Chase does great work given the character (in spite of the character) he has.

Actually, all the primary actors were perfect for their characters right from the beginning.

I watched Community first run at the same time as watching 30 Rock and How I Met Your Mother (I think it is a generally great show) during that 2006-2013 period, which was also timed well with The Office and Parks&Rec. It was a good time for absurdism with a heart TV sitcoms (and 'sitcom' being a simple categorical term only). I was certainly on board with Community and 30 Rock right away, but didn't get on the Office and Parks&Rec bandwagon.

I'm glad you're digging in now. These are shows for the ages that are going age well like The Dick Van Dyke show etc.

Last edited:

AG74683

Cyburbian
Well Community wears thin really fast. Season 1 was great, Season 2 loses a lot of steam quickly. Kinda tired of it now. I'll watch it a little more and see if it evens back out. I feel like it sort of went full sellout mode whenever Jack Black showed up in the first episode of Season 2.

This is kinda typical of Dan Harmon humor for me though. He's one of those guys who thinks his humor is incredibly deep, but it's really kinda surface level stuff.

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Westworld. Been watching an episode a day. Watching S02E04, and then it's off to work from home.

Finished Tiger King yesterday. Highly recommend it.

Started watching Sunderland 'Til I Die.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
My son got me watching BBC's Sherlock - it's good

Then I will see the new season of Money Heist that just dropped on Netlfix - great show and worth reading the subtitles - so much there

Planit

Cyburbian
Both seasons of Sunderland Til I Die are great.

If you're a soccer fan and know anything about the Premier League/English Football and how promotion/relegation works, you're in for a treat.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
My son got me watching BBC's Sherlock - it's good

Then I will see the new season of Money Heist that just dropped on Netlfix - great show and worth reading the subtitles - so much there
How have you missed Sherlock?!?! It's awesome!

I'm catching up on Death in Paradise, Midsommer Murders, and Father Brown through Britbox (through Amazon Prime). I'm behind because Netflix stopped carrying them - I guess because of Britbox. I will also check out other shows available through Britbox that I might not have otherwise seen.

Hubby and I are about halfway through Picard. He's also watching The Outsider.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know @Salmissra - so weird I haven't watched it - I am really enjoying it

Loved Death in Paradise and hope they drop the latest on Netflix soon - wait, can I get on Britbox from Amazon?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I know @Salmissra - so weird I haven't watched it - I am really enjoying it

Loved Death in Paradise and hope they drop the latest on Netflix soon - wait, can I get on Britbox from Amazon?
We liked Death in Paradise too. Boy, I tell you British tv shows aren't afraid to replace main characters at all, are they?

You can get Britbox on Roku I know. We were going to pull the trigger last week and get it, but for some reason didn't. I want to see the other seasons of Shetland that weren't on Netflix

Doohickie

Cyburbian
I liked Dead Like Me so much that I'm rewatching it, this time with my wife.

Last edited:

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Started re-watching Better off Ted on hulu last night...forgot how well done it was, and still puzzled over how it got such terrible ratings...

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
Westworld. Been watching an episode a day. Watching S02E04, and then it's off to work from home.
I never watched Westworld after season 1. When I saw that I new season had started a couple weeks ago, I decided to start up season 2 to try and catch up. I'm about 75% through season 2 and am really enjoying it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Would you all watch a show that was generally regarded as being excellent if you knew in advance that the ending was awful and leaving viewers frustrated and disappointed? You know kinda like if DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa and said "ta daaa" then promptly threw a tomato at the canvas.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Would you all watch a show that was generally regarded as being excellent if you knew in advance that the ending was awful and leaving viewers frustrated and disappointed? You know kinda like if DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa and said "ta daaa" then promptly threw a tomato at the canvas.
Yep.

I'm not a stickler for spoiler avoidance as, more often than not, the journey is better than the destination.

Plus, finales/endings are sometimes really hard to get right for even the best storytellers.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Working through Money Heist - they recently dropped season 4 so I'm all in - then likely will watch the new season of Bosch that's coming out

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Working through Money Heist - they recently dropped season 4 so I'm all in - then likely will watch the new season of Bosch that's coming out
I watched the first two seasons of Bosch then it got a little stale for me. To me there was not enough about the cases and too many personal storylines.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I am in Season 3 of the Expanse. Wow.....exceeded my expectations. Tremendous.
I've been wanting to get into this show, but I have limited time and there's alot to unpack and pay attention to inthe shows mythology.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
I've been wanting to get into this show, but I have limited time and there's alot to unpack and pay attention to inthe shows mythology.
There are some serious WTF did I just see moments in this show. The racing guy in the first ring episode comes to mind.

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
I finished Season 2 of WestWorld last night. The high spots of the season were great but the rest of it was soooo damn slow and convoluted. Nearly every episode seemed about 15 or 20 minutes too long, save for the finale which was about 40 minutes too long. I think the show would have benefited by shortening up every episode a bit (and cleaning up the timelines) and making the season 12 or 15 episodes long instead of 10 episodes.

All that said, I still really enjoyed the season and the overall concept and I'm going to give season 3 a try.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
I finished Season 2 of WestWorld last night. The high spots of the season were great but the rest of it was soooo damn slow and convoluted. Nearly every episode seemed about 15 or 20 minutes too long, save for the finale which was about 40 minutes too long. I think the show would have benefited by shortening up every episode a bit (and cleaning up the timelines) and making the season 12 or 15 episodes long instead of 10 episodes.

All that said, I still really enjoyed the season and the overall concept and I'm going to give season 3 a try.
Season 3 is very different so far...with 3 episodes remaining in the season. While I'm still enjoying the show, it's definitely not as thought provoking or intriguing this season.