• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂

List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Cowboy Bebop was interesting and a bit disturbing. Different set of cultural norms over there.8-!:-c
I started watching this show with my kids in 2012 when my daughter was 12. I got into the show after watching an episode on TV (The episode when they go to abandoned earth to retrieve an old Betamax player). So I got it from the library and started watching it from the beginning.

Some episodes were perfectly fine for them to see (such as when they first get Ein) but others contained violent, disturbing content without warning. Overall I thought it was a pretty good show, but we never did finish the series. I think we got about halfway through.

Season 5 of Orphan Black!

Also watching American Gods. I recently read the book (really, really enjoyed it) and the TV show tracks along nicely.

And just finished re-watching season 6 of Game of Thrones so that I can be prepared for the new season.

We started watching GLOW on NetFlix a couple days ago and are about 5 or 6 episodes in and I am loving it. My wife is tolerating it.

I vaguely remember watching the actual GLOW wrestling show back in the '80s and as much of a fan of WWF that I was I knew GLOW was something different and extra cheesy. None of us (me, my brothers, and sisters who all loved WWF) thought GLOW was any good. It was just cringe-worthy. The NetFlix show is just as cringe-worthy, but in a good way. Marc Maron and Alison Brie are both great but the side characters are what makes it fun, especially Britney Young (Machu Picchu), Gayle Rankin (Sheila the She-Wolf), and Sunita Mani (Beirut the Mad Bomber).

dvdneal

Cyburbian
We started watching GLOW on NetFlix a couple days ago and are about 5 or 6 episodes in and I am loving it. My wife is tolerating it.

I vaguely remember watching the actual GLOW wrestling show back in the '80s and as much of a fan of WWF that I was I knew GLOW was something different and extra cheesy. None of us (me, my brothers, and sisters who all loved WWF) thought GLOW was any good. It was just cringe-worthy. The NetFlix show is just as cringe-worthy, but in a good way. Marc Maron and Alison Brie are both great but the side characters are what makes it fun, especially Britney Young (Machu Picchu), Gayle Rankin (Sheila the She-Wolf), and Sunita Mani (Beirut the Mad Bomber).
Glow was decent. I liked the concept of taking a bad '80s wrestling show and fictionalizing stories for the ladies. Every show leaves you with a mini cliff hanger until the last one which leaves you with a couple stories waiting to be told next seasion.

Season 5 of Orphan Black!

Also watching American Gods. I recently read the book (really, really enjoyed it) and the TV show tracks along nicely.

And just finished re-watching season 6 of Game of Thrones so that I can be prepared for the new season.
I wasn't going to watch the final season Orphan Black. After a rough asthma day Friday, I just went home and chilled. I ended up watching the first 3-4 episodes and will probably finish it. So far, it's one of the better season.

One of my sisters has been trying to plan a family photo with our parents, all of us kids and wives/husbands, and all of the grandkids (with about 30 of us, it can be a hassle trying to find an opportunity that works for everybody) and she had finally settled on this Sunday afternoon but then one of my brothers backed out because he has a long drive (which is true) and has to be home in time to finish re-watching last season and the Game of Thrones premiere Sunday evening. :lmao:

I cannot say I'm really sad that the photo has been postponed and I cannot say I don't agree with the reason for postponing it.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Been watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix. I've seen a lot of episodes already, but it's definitely worth watching again. Hilarious show.

I binged the 4th season of Silicon Valley over the weekend too. That show is so great.

Last edited:

Bubba

Cyburbian
One episode left in season one of Strike Back, should be able to start season two tonight...

I wasn't going to watch the final season Orphan Black. After a rough asthma day Friday, I just went home and chilled. I ended up watching the first 3-4 episodes and will probably finish it. So far, it's one of the better season.
Hasn't been my favorite season of it - I'm probably just irritated that this is the last season of Orphan Black.

Been watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix. I've seen a lot of episodes already, but it's definitely worth watching again. Hilarious show.
Always Sunny is one of my go-to shows for when I don't have anything new I want to watch but also don't feel like getting off the couch. It's one of the few shows I can watch over and over again. There are some episodes that I've probably watched close to a dozen times because I enjoy them that much.

One episode left in season one of Strike Back, should be able to start season two tonight...

Hasn't been my favorite season of it - I'm probably just irritated that this is the last season of Orphan Black.
So far, it's been about tying up loose ends and advancing the mythology. Hopefully, they will give us a satisfactory close.

So far, it's been about tying up loose ends and advancing the mythology. Hopefully, they will give us a satisfactory close.
Yeah it's a bit farfetched now but I'm still going to miss the sestras / clone club when it's over.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Started bingeing on Downton Abbey and the writing up to the end of season 1 so far has been exemplary. I hope they maintain that quality throughout the entire show's run.

I didn't realize it at the time, but the show is based on the Robert Altman film "Gosford Park" (which also starred Maggie Smith). I pulled out my VHS copy of that film and discovered the tape had been entirely erased.:-|

dvdneal

Cyburbian
I'm getting the 30 day free Hulu thing so I'm binging on Battlestar Galactica. I think I'll hit up some Vikings and Hand Maid's Tale. Anything else?

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting the 30 day free Hulu thing so I'm binging on Battlestar Galactica. I think I'll hit up some Vikings and Hand Maid's Tale. Anything else?
BSG is one of my favorite shows from the last 10 years. Really good stuff.

Masswich

Cyburbian
On a related topic, it's always interesting to rewatch a series after 5-10 years. I am rewatching Weeds and it reads quite differently in 2017 than it did in 2005. First of all, things like same sex marriage and legalized recreational marijuana make the show seem dated. Second, their take on GWB seems quaint in the Trump era.

On the substance of the series, it's so great for 2 seasons and then it takes a turn into a weird place that some people must love, but I didn't.