• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Literature on UGBs (?)

rwaltermyer

As a ugrad, I'm seeking for more literature that seeks to measure the effectiveness of growth boundaries....

My target area is preferrably Lancaster Co, PA; but I'd like any literature from anywhere at this point.

Here's what I have (the usuals) plus numerous books on general growth management.

Weitz, Jerry and Terry Moore. “Development Inside Urban Growth Boundaries: Oregon’s Empirical Evidence of Contiguous Urban Form.” Journal of American Planning Association Vol. 64 (1998): 424-441. (including a case study)

Knapp, Gerrit J. “The Price Effects of Urban Growth Boundaries in Metropolitan Portland, Oregon.” Land Economics. Vol. 61 (1985): 26-35.

Knapp, Gerrit J. and Lewis D. Hopkins. “The Inventory Approach to Urban Growth Boundaries.” Journal of American Planners Association. Vol. 67 (2001): 314-326

A Line in the Land. Staley et al....

When Country and City Collide. Daniels....

Sprawl Busting....

Thanks.
Randy