• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Local APA conference swag

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Does your APA chapter provide you with any swag at your local conference? In the past, mine has provided t-shirts, socks, ball cap, beanie, cheap shoulder bag, insulated plastic tumbler, aluminum tumbler, something totally useless but can't remember but know it happened, or nothing. Personally, I liked the t-shirts as there was some useable value of the item. The others, not so much (I have a kitchen cabinet section dedicated to water bottles and the like so I don’t need anymore).

terraplnr

Cyburbian
This past year ours gave us a stemless (plastic) wine glass and a beach mat. The beach mat is a fun idea but has had limited usefulness in my house so far. The stemless wine glass is mostly used as a kid's drinking cup at home. :roflmao:

DVD

Cyburbian
Ours just hands out a lanyard. Lame.

I went to a Kansas state flood conference when I lived there. I got a really nice water bottle. My wife decided it was hers. It has since been lost. I miss that water bottle.

Planit

Cyburbian
Last conference ours handed out lanyards, small note pad & a pen.

Swag really came from the vendors.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
At our last state conference, I got a metal reusable water/fluid cup with lid and reusable straw. I use it every day at work.

At a local APA event, I got a large umbrella. Not golf large, but certainly enough for two people to be under. It's my car umbrella now - lives in the car for rainy walks from the parking lot.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Does your APA chapter provide you with any swag at your local conference? In the past, mine has provided t-shirts, socks, ball cap, beanie, cheap shoulder bag, insulated plastic tumbler, aluminum tumbler, something totally useless but can't remember but know it happened, or nothing. Personally, I liked the t-shirts as there was some useable value of the item. The others, not so much (I have a kitchen cabinet section dedicated to water bottles and the like so I don’t need anymore).
Socks? That's a weird piece of swag but I like it. I'd totally wear APA socks!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Foam stress ball in the shape of animals - fish & buffalo

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Socks? That's a weird piece of swag but I like it. I'd totally wear APA socks!
I would like that, too. My local NPR station sent me a surprise pair of socks for being a member and they are so soft and cozy, plus I feel like such a nerd when I wear them, they are great. :ha:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'll leave this pile of swag from APA Minneapolis 2009 here.

Last state/local APA chapter conference - $20 gift card for a downtown merchant, and a very thin fabric bag. The vendors gave out ballpoint pens (no rollerball or gel, but one had a little built-in flashlight), small notebooks, and lip balm. There might have been a stress ball and some Life Saver mints, too. Meh.

Old thread: Rating conference swag