• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Local Housing Preservation Site

boiker

Cyburbian
thanx el guapo

i was just going to go out and take pictures of the historic homes and buildings of Peoria Illinois this afternoon.

We have some really exceptional architecture ehre.

BKM

Cyburbian
Peoria Architecture

Hey, I still remember Moss Avenue. Even as a student at Bradley when I was still under the delusion that I wanted to be an engineer (before I chose an even nerdier profession :) ), I used to love walking in that area. That carved stone and brick was fantastic-and the Lane House was my first Wright! The other one was Westbluff Terrace, or something like that.

Did they ever reuse the old Pabst Brewery in Peoria Heights? That was a cool building, too.

boiker

Cyburbian
pabst

I have no idea, I rarely travel into the heights. even though Peoria surrounds it.

Hmm, areas that have kick ass architecture... Moss Ave, High St. and a lot of really nice upper-middle class homes around Bradley. Glen Oak Ave has the oldest home in Peoria 1837 I think. Then the Valley has some great homes.

Columbia Terrace? Randoplh-Roanoke may be what you are thinking of.