• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Local Views

jestes

Cyburbian
I don't think that I have posted any local images from my area yet. Well, here is my little corner of the world.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
jestes said:
Can someone tell me how to post more than one picture per message?
Store the images on a Web site that you might have, and insert a reference to them using vB Code ... see http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/misc.php?s=&action=bbcode .

I'd refer you to the Cyburbia Gallery ... you can still upload images and refer to their URLs in your posts here, but the thumbnail feature is broken for now.

jestes

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
Nice streetscape I guess, got any more?
Thanks Mike, I do have several more. Check out my gallery. I still have a few more to post there. This particular image is downtown Hattiesburg. The building in the foreground is my office building (Chancery Court Facility). The view is south on Main Street. Hattiesburg has a very nice downtown, we have worked hard in the last few years revitalizing. Several new restaurants have opened recently as well as a good grouping of art galleries.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My little corner

This area is about to undergo a 2 year street reconstruction project, widening to 4 through lanes and turning lanes. Streetscaping and landscpaing are in the works, including burying all the overhead utilties. Should be fun...

jestes

Cyburbian
Here are a couple more. The first is looking the opposite way down Main Street. The foreground is obvious. The background is the Federal Building and the City's Cultural Center.

The next image is the Forrest County Circuit Courthouse, Circa 1907.