• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Look at the bright side...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
year later, the district will spend $13 million to replace 20-year-old screens and other equipment that has failed at the "headworks,"
Heh heh heh. headworks.

Rem

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
And thus begets one of the world's worst jobs: filter condom cleaner.
I apologise for the gender stereotyping but I think it's classic that ZG immediately thought "Who's gonna clean that damn thing?".

The bigger question is why are they still using a Lake outfall? They should be prosecuted for that.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Population Projections

Zoning Goddess said:
And thus begets one of the world's worst jobs: filter condom cleaner.
This may be off the beaten path, but is it possible to estimate a city's population by counting the used condoms retrieved at the wastewater treatment plant?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Even more.. speculate how many abortions there is in the city in one year counting the number of broken condoms :p
Now I bet it'll 'suck' to be a condom filter cleaner... :p 'cause I doubt they'll invent some system that makes it clean itself... you know.. [bad_joke]mexicans and cubans need work... [/bad_joke]

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Re: Population Projections

Budgie said:
This may be off the beaten path, but is it possible to estimate a city's population by counting the used condoms retrieved at the wastewater treatment plant?
-Not likely, cause if it ain't skin...... More likely able to tell the prostitute count from that, unless everybody uses the toilet to get rid of their condoms in Milwaukee.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Sewers used to outfall in the river, until like 4 years ago...when they built the treatment plant.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Re: Population Projections

Budgie said:
I think Skel is right. It is only possible to estimate the city's potential, but unrealized, population. Still....ick.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Population Projections

Zoning Goddess said:
I think Skel is right. It is only possible to estimate the city's potential, but unrealized, population. Still....ick.
Yes but you'd have to recalculate and project how many of those condoms are preventing butt babies, which dont live anyway. ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Population Projections

Chet said:
Yes but you'd have to recalculate and project how many of those condoms are preventing butt babies, which dont live anyway. ;)
I amost tried to figure out what you meant and then thought...naaahhh.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Re: Re: Re: Population Projections

Zoning Goddess said:
I amost tried to figure out what you meant and then thought...naaahhh.
Killing Racoons! LOL

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Population Projections

Rumpy Tuna said:
-Yum Yum, I can't wait until we hit that wobbling deer.
Have we figured out what killing deer means? With kittens, raccoons and squirrels, there isn't much left.

donk

Cyburbian
So the Coney Island Whitefish has migrated in land. Hopefully it is not as bad as zebra mussels the lamprey eels or purple loosestrife.;)

Halifax still dumps raw sewage straight into the harbour.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Population Projections

Chet said:
Good thing they don't or else San Fransisco's housing crisis would be even worse. ;)