• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Look out REM

Rem

Cyburbian
I heard the story about the woman being scratched but not the dog being drowned. The woman was interviewed to camera and was insisting there be a cull of Roos - the parks authority said it wasn't safe to cull in proximity to a built up area - obviously our overly stringent gun laws have led to the development of a generation of bad shots. ;-) Need a holiday eG?

My sympathys are with the Roos - people walking dogs in conservation/bushland areas should keep the pooch on a lead.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I've been reading that some Australia state transportation officials are contemplating plans to switch over from left-side to right-side driving. So it's less of a shock to Australians, the proposed changeover will occur in stages; week one: trucks and buses, week two: cars and vans, week three: motorcycles, bikes, and scooters.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
TIM: Follow. But! Follow only if ye be men of valor,
for the entrance to this cave is guarded by
a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived!
Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair.
So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

a little bit later

TIM: I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't
you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--