• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Lookin' for love?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
NEW GAME!

Lets all seriously write her! Then post copies of our letters and her replies here! It will be our little secret since prisoners dont have net access!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Habanero said:
ooooooooooooo, you're so on! :)
OKAY - I'll go first. I'll put something together this weekend, post it, and let Cyburbia know the response (if any!) WEEEE!

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
"During my spare time..." She has plenty of it! "I enjoy rainbows, mountains, waterfalls...I am currently serving a life sentence..." Makes it very hard to enjoy those things now! What a moron. She should be shot, no, drowned, just like she did to her two little boys. Make her suffer the way they did. I am all for capital punishment. If someone deserves to die, let them fry. They are using resources and wasting money that can be used elswhere.

Habanero

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
"During my spare time..." She has plenty of it! "I enjoy rainbows, mountains, waterfalls...I am currently serving a life sentence..." Makes it very hard to enjoy those things now! What a moron. She should be shot, no, drowned, just like she did to her two little boys. Make her suffer the way they did. I am all for capital punishment. If someone deserves to die, let them fry. They are using resources and wasting money that can be used elswhere.

:)

Well, you clearly can't be her pen pal!

Now she's killing trees too- using all that paper to write people. Oh the horrors! : )

The Irish One

I'm perplexed

I can't jokingly participate in this. I could write to her and try to understand her, though I'm not sure that is useful for anyone. I'm very saddened by the actions of this human being. Talking with this person has real psychic consequences for a person like myself.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
yes im not sure writing her would be good for some folks, god knows i donno what if anything youd get back but i dont need the disturbing stuff in my life

"drama free zone" in my head

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I think I'll stay away from this one.....don't like the idea of writing a prisoner.

Sorry prisoners.

H

Cyburbian
...but I do look forward to Chet & Habanero writing her. Thanks Chet & Habanero, post the letter when you get it! :)

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
What was that old expression? Something about two wrongs not making a right?

I'm sure it'll be funny...but it's not something I would consider doing.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I decided against writing. Reasons:

1. I dont want to give this crazy chick my real bio and name, and
B. I could make up a bio, but have you seen the consequences for f*cking with people's heads?

Michele Zone

BANNED
Chet said:
I decided against writing. Reasons:

1. I dont want to give this crazy chick my real bio and name, and
B. I could make up a bio, but have you seen the consequences for f*cking with people's heads?
I don't generally follow the news but it is my understanding she was sexually abused and had a generally tragic life but no one went after the folks that messed up her childhood. So, speaking of 'the consequences of f*cking with people's heads', I think Susan Smith is still living with such consequences. She doesn't need to be messed with any further, regardless of what she has done.

As Tranplanner said, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Most folks I have known who were predators started out as prey. Heaping more abuse on them only proves to them that this is, in fact, the way the world works and they are right to do the things they do.

And don't get me started on how hard it can be to raise kids in America today, where they treat even educated, middle-class women (who had lengthy and wildly successful careers before they got married and had a kid) like they are 'mooching' off their husband's if they do not have a paid job and neglecting their child if they do have a paid job.

The Irish One

Chet, glad to hear you changed your mind. That lady is going to be dealing with a lot of fan mail, hate mail, and save your soul mail -none of which is going to help her -in my opinion.

I suspect it will take her entire life to fully comprehend why she did this. She needs time with the professionals.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
The Irish one said:

I suspect it will take her entire life to fully comprehend why she did this. She needs time with the professionals.
Considering her crime, this may just be one of those folks whose brains can't be fixed.

I am wondering why the NH guy who shot his kids on July 4 isn't generating such intense media scrutiny??

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I think becouse its not a woman, for a woman to have killed her kids its more "horrible" some how than a man.

i think both are horrid and chill my blood to no end.

The Irish One

Considering her crime, this may just be one of those folks whose brains can't be fixed.
True, very true but a life time of trying to understand her actions won't hurt (I'm speaking from my own spiritual sense of things, totally subjective)

I think becouse its not a woman, women its more "horrible" some how than a man
You are absolutely right, it's crude but true.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Zoning Goddess said:
I am wondering why the NH guy who shot his kids on July 4 isn't generating such intense media scrutiny??
Believe me, it's all I ever see on the news around here......non-stop for a month now.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
My friend showed me that prisoner site about a month ago. We noticed that Texas locks up some pretty decent looking women.