• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Major League Lacrosse

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Mll

what's this Major League Lacrosse stuff? Maybe it's just 'cause I'm from the southwest originally, but I think it's pretty odd that Boston has a major league lacross team. Does anybody watch this stuff?

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Most people don't know it, but lacrosse is Canada's national sport. It's somewhat popular here (hockey is just our national pastime).

El Feo

Cyburbian
J Deuce, I just learned Boston had a pro lacrosse team last week. I never watched the game, but I have played it a few times. All I can say is - ouch.

How are things across the harbor in Eastie today, by the way? (I'm sitting in a cube next to the North End.) Also, I like the latin tag - are you a landowner, or do you just aspire to be?

j_deuce

Cyburbian
Eastie's great; though, i'm sittin' upriver from you right now in my office at BU (unrelated to my master's program aside from the fact that they pay for it).

Lacrosse does look wicked painful...

I have grand delusions of one day joining the landed gentry...

j_deuce

Cyburbian
ts corbitt said:
lacrosse is very popular in the Northeast...sport of the Iroqois nation...(sp) box lacrosse too is popular too....

http://www.iroquoisnationals.com/
Yeah, I knew that, actually. I think we learned about it in 6th grade or something...

Ah, well. I'm all for not-so-mainstream (ie, not NFL, NBA, or MLB) sports--not so full of money-grubbers (yet)...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Philly has had a team since I was like 9 years old. I think every college kid in the NE plays too.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Toronto's NLL team (The Rock) has won the league championship 3 of the past 4 years (I think). I was at the game when their first championship. It's actually a pretty big game here - they draw about 10,000 or so per game.