• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Makati City, Philippines

part of the metro area of Manila, but is a separate city.

deceiving picture because there is not much green in the whole Metro Manila

the pic which many of you cyburbianites didn't know. ;)

only the 2nd and 4th pics are my photos.

biscuit

Cyburbian
I've never really seen photos of the Philippines but I'm somewhat suprised at how urbanized it looks. What is the population of Manila/Makati City?

population of Manila city alone is 1m i think. Makati city is only around 400,000. and the metro area of Manila is about 12 million.

oulevin

Cyburbian
Great pics. I don't remember much of the Philippines from when I toured in 1980. But then again, I was only seven. But even in latter photos of Manila on the Pasig River, older structures dominate.

i can show some Pasig River pics if i can find some. you are right, it's mostly 70's buildings on both banks. but they are trying to revitalize the place.

more Makati pics to come soon.