• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Manufacturing Tsar ...or Czar

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
President Bush wants to have a new post, a Manufacturing Czar. I don't know too much about this, other than the Prez was talking about it way back around Labor Day. I've done a Google search, but nothing substantive turned up. What does the...

...Throbbing Brain know? Any new developments on the Manufacturing Czar front? I have a master plan client that has some manufacturing outposts that are humming. Good news around here while the rest of Michigan seems to be imploding its manufacturing sector. Governor Granholm wants to create a Manufacturing Czar - http://www.michigan.gov/printerFriendly/0,1687,7-154--80884--,00.html - and I've got some stuff that might help out my client on the State level. I'm looking to see what might be available at the Federal level. Any help will be appreciated.

donk

Cyburbian
jordanb said:
Get us out of the WTO?
Not necessary to opt out of the WTO, you can just keep ignoring it like you do now. (pulp wood, lumber are a few recent examples)