• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

March Madness

Planit

Cyburbian
No. They got ripped off in the conference semi-finals.

But they did get into the dance as a #10 seed.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
My school is a #2 seed playing a #15 in the first round. Should be a cinch, but, in the tourney, anything can happen.

So dismayed by the ending of the UM v MSU game yesterday, but it was a good game of basketball play from both sides.

Jon Teske (Michigan's 7'-1" center) is a grad from my City's public high school. He's doing his hometown proud.

Last edited:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
The most important question is: what will be the final score in the inevitable Duke/Mich State matchup?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
some people in my fair city follow Vermont because 3 brothers play for them.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Is your school conference champion ?
My school went 11-21 (6-12 in conference play) so no. They are a terrible basketball school though. Good at football.

That said, I'm glad Duke won the ACC, and more importantly beat UNC. Zion Williamson is an absolute freak of nature. If the championship matchup somehow ends up being Duke/UNC, NC will explode.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I think my Orangemen will choke early as they have played so inconsistently this season - thinking MIchigan or Marquette maybe in the end winning it all, still thinking about it

michaelskis

Cyburbian
It will be Tobacco Road Showdown part 4 with Duke beating UNC by 2 points. no team will have more than an 8 point lead.

Michigan and Michigan State will both be out after losing to Duke.

*BTW, I don't like Duke, but with Zion Williams, they are just too good.

AG74683

Cyburbian
So far I've only lost 3 teams in my bracket: Belmont, Nevada, and St. Mary's. I had St. Mary's beating Purdue in the Round of 32 though so that kind of sucks. I always have hopes for Nevada and they never pull through.

I did get Minnesota, Baylor, and Murray State right. I may have slept on Murray State though, they look really freaking good! I could see them beating Florida State, they definitely struggled against Vermont.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
My best bracket is on another group on yahoo - my Cyburbian bracket is horrible

but the other one has 13 picks right, woo hoo - only got Maryland, Minnesota and Marquette wrong!