• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

March Madness

Planit

Cyburbian
No. They got ripped off in the conference semi-finals.

But they did get into the dance as a #10 seed.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
My school is a #2 seed playing a #15 in the first round. Should be a cinch, but, in the tourney, anything can happen.

So dismayed by the ending of the UM v MSU game yesterday, but it was a good game of basketball play from both sides.

Jon Teske (Michigan's 7'-1" center) is a grad from my City's public high school. He's doing his hometown proud.

Last edited:

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
My school is in as a #10 seed. I am not looking for a long run, but you never know....

Maister

Chairman of the bored
The most important question is: what will be the final score in the inevitable Duke/Mich State matchup?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
some people in my fair city follow Vermont because 3 brothers play for them.

AG74683

Cyburbian
Is your school conference champion ?
My school went 11-21 (6-12 in conference play) so no. They are a terrible basketball school though. Good at football.

That said, I'm glad Duke won the ACC, and more importantly beat UNC. Zion Williamson is an absolute freak of nature. If the championship matchup somehow ends up being Duke/UNC, NC will explode.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I think my Orangemen will choke early as they have played so inconsistently this season - thinking MIchigan or Marquette maybe in the end winning it all, still thinking about it

michaelskis

Cyburbian
It will be Tobacco Road Showdown part 4 with Duke beating UNC by 2 points. no team will have more than an 8 point lead.

Michigan and Michigan State will both be out after losing to Duke.

*BTW, I don't like Duke, but with Zion Williams, they are just too good.

The One

Cyburbian
The PAC 12 sucked this year....ate their own like every other year. My team made the NIT, does that count?? LOL

AG74683

Cyburbian
So far I've only lost 3 teams in my bracket: Belmont, Nevada, and St. Mary's. I had St. Mary's beating Purdue in the Round of 32 though so that kind of sucks. I always have hopes for Nevada and they never pull through.

I did get Minnesota, Baylor, and Murray State right. I may have slept on Murray State though, they look really freaking good! I could see them beating Florida State, they definitely struggled against Vermont.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
My best bracket is on another group on yahoo - my Cyburbian bracket is horrible

but the other one has 13 picks right, woo hoo - only got Maryland, Minnesota and Marquette wrong!

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
my school lost.

UCF nearly/almost giant killers - 1 point loss - that ball rolling on the rim - wow !

AG74683

Cyburbian
I have 12 of the Sweet 16 right. I had Mississippi State, Buffalo, Wisconsin, and St. Mary's in the 16. My Elite 8 and Final 4 still look pretty good though.

Bubba

Cyburbian
The Sweet 16: 5 ACC teams, 4 SEC teams, then everyone else. An all ACC Final Four is still in play as well as a three-team SEC Final Four.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I noticed you are kicking some butt with your picks, wow!

I do have one yahoo one that has 30 right, but that's the best I did

I did one on the NCAA app that had Marquette winning! wtf, right? I like that app because they let you watch the game on your phone

CBS app lets you see highlights but those brackets I did had Maryland and Mississippi State

I love filling out brackets with multiple scenarios and upsets - it's chaos

Though my brackets all had Duke winning that came against West Florida but my heart wanted Florida to win because they seemed to come out of nowhere from the usual teams that make it this far but their adrenaline levels in those last seconds got the best of them -too bad - that giant center is crazy tall!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Well...too bad for Michigan, but hurrah for Michigan State.

Big Ten still alive and Michigan natives rejoice.

Hink

OH....IO
Well I guess the Big10 is the best conference ;) Sorry ACC.

Purdue was amazing to watch, but it just wasn't enough. Virginia is good.

Duke got away with one over VaTech. Michigan State was just good enough to finish them off.

Auburn. Really?

Texas Tech is the real surpise though. I mean I would guess they don't beat Michigan State, but at this point, who knows.

My guess at this point - Michigan State v. Virginia for the Championship with Virginia pulling it out. Or Texas Tech v. Auburn, just for shits and giggles. Although that championship game will be the least watched game in years if that does happen.

Bubba

Cyburbian
I'm fairly certain Auburn reaching the Final Four is a sign of the apocalypse. If they win out I'll enjoy watching them being forced to vacate their championship in a couple of years.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I do have one bracket that has Michigan State taking it all so go Green (is that what they say there, lol, I have no idea)

AG74683

Cyburbian
I have no Final Four teams remaining. I had Duke, UNC, Tennessee, and Michigan.

I'm gonna go with Texas Tech and Virginia in the final.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
In office pool with 182 participants

I am
1st with Virginia winning the Championship on one sheet
5th with Virginia playing in the Championship game on another sheet

Planit

Cyburbian
I have a friend who is a very big Carolina fan. He was extremely pissed off on Friday night (UNC lost) then very happy on Sunday evening (Duke lost).

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
I feel like there is too many days between the levels of bracket play - I have already checked out and I am usually a rabid basketball fan - I think they should just play on through, plan it so every team gets a day off between games but I am sure I am not alone in the watching world of people that have moved on to baseball or something (I mean, it's April now, not March)

Hink

OH....IO
BUMP

That. Was. Awesome.
But it was the right call. Auburn did about the stupidest thing you can do at the end of the game. And fouling Guy was the exact wrong person to foul. That dude has ice in his veins.

Bubba

Cyburbian
But it was the right call. Auburn did about the stupidest thing you can do at the end of the game. And fouling Guy was the exact wrong person to foul. That dude has ice in his veins.
It was the right call. And for the Auburn fans whining about the no call on the double dribble, the refs also missed your defender grabbing that kid's jersey as he bounced the ball of his ankle. Deal with it. :p