• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

March Madness

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Though the seats may be empty due to the virus
will still watch the game,, just having some tapas
Will @NHPlanner be leading the picks?
I don't know, but
I won't copy from @Hink 's
set it up, please, on long-standing yahoo
oh no it's a sneeze, I think that is achoo
not supposed to be here
because we're in Lent
but my brain is Wheatena
and my spirit is spent
so go on Orangemen
you'll be out of it soon
so it might UNC
that dunks it over the moon
Grab your wipes
and alcohol too
and join the gripes
about teams and their schools!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
My 11 yr old and I like watching as many games as possible. A couple years ago, he, randomly (likely because they were doing well), that he was/is a Villanova fan.

But he usually just cheers for the team that's winning during any given game.

Not unlike the Michigan/Maryland game this past weekend. I had to strongly question his support of Maryland. Not only because both my wife and I are UM alums (me twice), but UM's Teske is a native of where we live.

Planit

Cyburbian
Neither alma mater (grad or undergrad) made the dance again this year. :(

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
Luka Garza gets Big 10 player of the year. First Hawkeye since 1968.

Hawks had a rough last 2 games, mainly because their 2nd best player has really faded down the stretch. Hoping for a Sweet 16 this year.

TOFB

Cyburbian
Though the seats may be empty due to the virus
will still watch the game,, just having some tapas
Will @NHPlanner be leading the picks?
I don't know, but
I won't copy from @Hink 's
set it up, please, on long-standing yahoo
oh no it's a sneeze, I think that is achoo
not supposed to be here
because we're in Lent
but my brain is Wheatena
and my spirit is spent
so go on Orangemen
you'll be out of it soon
so it might UNC
that dunks it over the moon
Grab your wipes
and alcohol too
and join the gripes
about teams and their schools!
Say a rosary and all is well.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I would say its a good chance it gets cancelled now.
Likely, the games will take place just without crowds in attendance. I can see how playing on a quiet basketball court with nothing but cameras around, could affect the more emotional teams' play.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Likely, the games will take place just without crowds in attendance. I can see how playing on a quiet basketball court with nothing but cameras around, could affect the more emotional teams' play.
And the idea of momentum is weird when the crowd isn't behind you.

I think they will cancel it though. What if one player gets it? Then how can you play? Why would you play?

Planit

Cyburbian
That's one reason NBA suspended it's season...because a player tested positive.

Atlanta was already moving the NCAA Final Four venue from the MBDome to a smaller facility (I'm thinking GaTech but it didn't say). Others too the article said.

Planit

Cyburbian
ACC Tourney cancelled.

I just had to poke my UNC fan friend and told him the Conference officials decided to cancel after UNC lost last night and wouldn't have to be embarrassed by not getting into the NCAAs this year. He was not amused.

Big Owl

Cyburbian
Duke has announced the suspension of all athletics for the foreseeable future. It's worth noting that their athletic director is the chair of the NCAA Tournament Selection committee. I doubt there will be a NCAA tournament this year.

Bubba

Cyburbian
The NCAA D-III women's tournament started this past weekend, and my undergraduate alma mater easily won their first two games to move into the round of 16.
...and we're getting screwed out of a National Championship with the NCAA cancelling everything. :cursing:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
TV vs BBQ the most likely for the final, but I'm long on "finding as many sticks in the yard and adjacent yards to try to have a fire in my fire pit as many times as possible."

DVD

Cyburbian
Watch TV is definitely the champion. Although screwing around in the garage has a good advantage in the east bracket.

DVD

Cyburbian
I think go fishing by myself is the leader in the southwest bracket.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
You should add working out. I have hit the bike trainee for the last 3 days, mixing in some weights. Once it gets warmer can shift to outdoor riding.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Though I am still at work, I did do some good hiking last weekend and only saw one person the trail and we kept our distance