• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

MarryTheresa Update!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Vist Theresa at www.marrytheresa.com

For you newbies, see this thread

And now, an update from her webpage:

The Bastard Child Is growing up! She's sooo sute!

Theresa is no longer seeing the Bastard's Daddy!
Introducing....The Carlos.

She got rid of the skinhead for an "ethnic-looking" type. LOL

That poor child's going to have some problems when she's older.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
That is a cute kid!

I don't think she's seeing The Carlos ... at least that's the impression I got from reading through the Web site. She's still on good terms with Gracie's dad, though; the aforementioned skinhead. What did she see in him, anyhow? I know you shouldn't judge a book by the cover, but every picture captured him making a menacing I'm-gonna'-kick-your-f*****g-ass! kind of look. I dunno, maybe chicks dig that.

Notice how her updates deal less with her search for a mate, and more with Gracie. I wonder if that means she considers herself off the market.

If my dry spell lasts much longer, I'm tempted to rent a billboard. Thing is, sign codes are very tough around here; for instance, I only pass one off-premises sign during my 25 mile commute to work. Great for us planners and Scenic America members, but bad for those seeking a quick n' dirty way to find Mr. or Ms Right.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
el Guapo said:
Whoa - Is that the guy from NYPD Blue? Is that Jimmy Smits?
No no no! It is ... The Carlos. I think they're just friends.

Do not make fun of ... The Carlos. I read his messages on the Marrytheresa bulletin board, and he sounds like a decent, articulate guy; definitely better than Der Skinhead.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Carlos is more than friends in her mind, me thinks. From her update:

We had a wonderful visit with the grandparents and yes I finally go to meet CARLOS! He came to meet the family and of course Miss Gracie and then we got to get out together for a few drinks. Hard to believe the old Theresa from last year would have wanted to stay out all night and live it up...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
On the bulletin board, ... The Carlos wrote:

Theresa you are one in a million for sure. Having you as a friend has enriched my life. Too bad we're time zones apart.
It's debatable whether Theresa experienced ... The Carlos in that way, but they're definitely not an item now.

I still think Theresa is kinda' cute, even if she put on a few pounds.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan said:
I still think Theresa is kinda' cute, even if she put on a few pounds.
I'm feeling the need to send a little love-connection email! I'm way overdue. Chet? Do you Double-Dog-Dare-Me?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Double Dog Dare, Dude. I bet you some o that BBQ sauce that you dont. There's Miller Park Secret Stadium Sauce in it if you do. And one of those T-Shirts I'm getting for PlannerGirl. ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Originally posted by Dan
...every picture captured him making a menacing I'm-gonna'-kick-your-f*****g-ass! kind of look. I dunno, maybe chicks dig that...
I've never seen a guy try to look so tough while holding a baby! He looks like the type to wear shorts all winter to look like he's tougher than everyone else shivering in their winter coats.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
el Guapo said:
I'm feeling the need to send a little love-connection email! I'm way overdue. Chet? Do you Double-Dog-Dare-Me?
El Guapo.......

el Guapo

Capitalist
Chet (as if that is really your name)
You have my home address. Please pack the sauce well. Place the shirt in a Zip Lock Freezer bag in case the sauce bottle should break.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Guap - I decided that Secret Stadium SauceTM was passe'. So... (Repo, if this is familiar help me out) you're getting the hot and mild versions of Speed Queen's sauce

No, its not the laundry dregs - this is the inner city's best sauce for ribs and bbq.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
donk said:
Maybe our next mobbing location?
"Joo see, the man that claims to be The Carlos on this Theresa board is not The Carlos. He may be a so-called Carlos, but there is only one true Carlos. And I, señor, am ...

...................................................... The Carlos!

In the name of Argentina, I will now take off my shirt. Vaya, mi camisa! Vaya!"

"No! No! Do not do it! You are too the sexy, Carlos! No, por favor! Dios mio!"

donk

Cyburbian
Maybe those of us getting together in Boston in the near future can invite The Carlos out for a beer. ;)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
donk said:
Maybe those of us getting together in Boston in the near future can invite The Carlos out for a beer. ;)
[ot]I think this will tie me with Chet in the "how many cyburbanites have you met in person" rankings if I'm able to make it.....would be adding El Feo to the list. ;)[/ot]

donk

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
[ot]I think this will tie me with Chet in the "how many cyburbanites have you met in person" rankings if I'm able to make it.....would be adding El Feo to the list. ;)[/ot]
and hopefully seabishop too.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
NHPlanner said:
You forget - I've added Greenscapist and Decarut Hawk to my list.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Chet said:
You forget - I've added Greenscapist and Decarut Hawk to my list.
Damn....I did forget that!

And donk....seabishop is already on my list of those I've met. :)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Alright, someone please tell me how to make an interesting mysterious nuisance of myself at marrytheresa. I'm enlisting. My only question is, where should I begin?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Budgie said:
Alright, someone please tell me how to make an interesting mysterious nuisance of myself at marrytheresa. I'm enlisting. My only question is, where should I begin?
Perhaps you could discuss the sacred travel stick. That would do it. ;)

Good to have you back man. How are things?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I'm going to close this thread, and contrary to my previous message, discourage mobbing Theresa's site.

Looking at the policies of many other bulletin boards, "board wars" or invasions are usually strongly discouraged. At one bulletin board I frequent, a few members visited a white supermacist site, and posted something that referred back to the first bulletin board. You can predict the result.

A virtual mobbing might be fun, but it could also get us into trouble if we're not careful.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Ancient thread bump!

For the past few years, marrytheresa.com has been down; a placeholder page is in its place. The message board was deleted. E-mail to her last known address bounces. The only trace of her online is in archive.org, where her original site remains; it's impossible to access the updates with news of Gracie, The Tough Guy, and ... (cue acoustic guitar) ...
The Carlos

So, anyone want to do some detective work and find out what one of Cyburbia's earliest celebrity posters is up to? :D

EDIT: there's a somewhat more complete archive here.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
That poor child is almost ole enough to use teh interwebs now. Poor b*astard.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
That poor child is almost ole enough to use teh interwebs now. Poor b*astard.
Seven or eight years old now?

You know, maybe we should have invaded that message board. :D

rhandler

still missing

strange that in the internet age we cannot find theresa. We knew her PO Box, general place of residence, original residence in Ohio, etc........Had a baby with a retired military guy from a small town north of Nashville..........(remember they went to a high school football game once and everyone remembered skip or stone or whatever she called him........

Seven or eight years old now?

You know, maybe we should have invaded that message board. :D[/QUOTE]