• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

May Jesus save us from Orin Hatch!

SGB

Cyburbian
Messages
3,387
Points
25
Why stop at personal computers?

Hell, he could have a field day with college and community library photocopiers.
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
Why just damage their computers?

Internet music downloaders are theives and the worst type of heartless online criminal. Orin Hatch should propose a law that will really teach these punks a lesson. I say have the office of Total Information Awarness report the identity of anyone illegally downloading online music (because they know) and then allow Lars Ulrich to personally carpet bomb their house. ;)
 
Last edited:

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Messages
7,181
Points
30
Orin has, once again, proven what an imbecile the voters of Utah have sent to congress...
 

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Messages
10,080
Points
34
What an idiot! This a$$ is making laws and he apparently does not understand the idea of proving guilt? What about the possibility that the computer beng used is not owned by the person downloading music, but instead by another person, a business, a school, or a library? What about legitimate copying of files as allowed under copyright laws?

I would like to propose passage of a law that would allow citizens to assassinate elected officials who say exceedingly dumb things. Do it once and you get a warning. Do it a second time and you get a sterner warning. Do it a third time and look for the red dot of a laser between your eyes.
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
This article should prompt some sort of warning label here like;


WARNING: Do not mix republican with Utah
 

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Messages
2,550
Points
25
What a great way for the music industry to win back disgruntled music-buyers. What's next, allowing them to come into your house and smash your tv if you have illegal VHS copies of movies? Breaking into my car to destroy my Mp3 deck that I use to play illegal mp3s?

However, I would love a law that let people hack into and destry any computer that sends out spam e-mail. You get two chances to remove me from your list, after that I destoy your computer.
 
Messages
5,353
Points
31
Repo Man said:
What a great way for the music industry to win back disgruntled music-buyers. What's next, allowing them to come into your house and smash your tv if you have illegal VHS copies of movies? Breaking into my car to destroy my Mp3 deck that I use to play illegal mp3s?

However, I would love a law that let people hack into and destry any computer that sends out spam e-mail. You get two chances to remove me from your list, after that I destoy your computer.
Forget the two chances, destroy them after the first spam message. Let this apply to telemarketers as well.
 

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Messages
7,181
Points
30
Planderella said:
Forget the two chances, destroy them after the first spam message. Let this apply to telemarketers as well.
(Off topic)

Telemarketers are easy... use one of the following methods.

1) Pretend to be... erm, pleasuring yourself while they talk to you. (Won't work with male telemarketers talking to women, though)

2) Pretend to, or really, use the restroom. Make loud noises. Flush, too. "Wow! I've never seen that color before!"

3) Witness. "Sir, has your soul been washed by the blood of the lamb? Is your hevenly future secure?"

4) Act like you just murdered someone. Ask the telemarketer to be a witness or an alibi. Run water and say something like, "Oh sheesh, I never knew blood was so tough to wash off!"

It's so much more fun than just hanging up...
 

H

Cyburbian
Messages
2,850
Points
24
Mastiff said:
(Off topic)

Telemarketers are easy... use one of the following methods.

1) Pretend to be... erm, pleasuring yourself while they talk to you. (Won't work with male telemarketers talking to women, though)

2) Pretend to, or really, use the restroom. Make loud noises. Flush, too. "Wow! I've never seen that color before!"

3) Witness. "Sir, has your soul been washed by the blood of the lamb? Is your hevenly future secure?"

4) Act like you just murdered someone. Ask the telemarketer to be a witness or an alibi. Run water and say something like, "Oh sheesh, I never knew blood was so tough to wash off!"

It's so much more fun than just hanging up...


Have you done this?

These are too funny.
 

Suburb Repairman

moderator in moderation
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
7,342
Points
31
Metallica hates the military???

Has anyone heard about Metallica demanding that the military not use their songs to torment enemies?

Remember back when Metallica represented rebellion against the status quo and music entertainers that sold their artistic souls to the almighty dollar? As hard rock/metal musicians, they should feel complimented that the military uses their music in such a manner!
 

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Messages
2,550
Points
25
After listening to St. Anger, I can see why the military would use it for torture. It is pure crap.
 

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Messages
7,181
Points
30
Huston said:
Have you done this?

These are too funny.
Yep. And I got a female telemarketer for #1. Man, I cannot believe the amount of stuff she put up with to try and get me to change long distance service...
 
Top