• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

McDonalds case thrown out

Mastiff

Gunfighter
"If a person knows or should know that eating copious orders of supersized McDonald's products is unhealthy and may result in weight gain ... it is not the place of the law to protect them from their own excesses," the judge said. "Nobody is forced to eat at McDonald's. Now all you chubby bastards get on a damn diet and quit whining about someone else being responsible for your big fat asses."

(Note: I added the last sentence myself)

Habanero

Cyburbian
He should've added a "how stupid can you be?" and "you've got to be $*&%#@ kidding me!?!"

Runner

Cyburbian
No, what he should have added was "And the fine amount for you and your shyster lawyer who filed this frivolous lawsuit is $$$$$$$ plus you will reimburse the cost of legal fees for the victim (in this case McDonald's)!"

What do you call a lawyer on the bottom of a lake?
Polution.

What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of a lake?
A solution.

:)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Yeah, but the most interesting part of this case is that the judge didn't rule out future lawsuits.

I just did a body fat analysis last night and I'm stuck at 9%. Can I sue somebody for this, like maybe a cheesesteak company or something. It's not my fault I can't get any skinnier, it's somebody else's.

donk

Cyburbian
Mike,

you're making me jealous.

I'm stuck at 13 and can't get it down. The coach i use says I have a butterscotch ripple fat distribution, I have thin, but muscular arms and legs and a fat belly. Time to do sit ups and ski some more.

Oh and I don't shave my legs for riding. Just like former NORBA champ Dave Weins.

Jeff

Cyburbian
But do you take that into account when measuring? You should be measuring your arms (front and back), back in the area just below shoulder blades, and the gut....

BTW
I think I may be doing Sea Otter this year, I have to double check the fundage though.

BTW BTW
Just found out the Sierra Nevada boys are staying at my house for the USPRO Champs in June...free samples anyone?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
The coach i use says I have a butterscotch ripple fat distribution,
MMM butterscotch ripple. now I want ice cream

donk

Cyburbian
when I had the fat test done they measured and pinched everthing and everywhere.

we need to do a classics pool this spring. The national team (Roland Green, Gord Fraser and others) head off for malayasia tomorrow for 2 weeks of humid torture.

i had hoped to go to sea otter as i have family in the Bay area, but the date change makes it no good for them due to a new baby.

Jeff

Cyburbian
This arrived in my e-mail just in time to help with your dilemma:

4. ASK COACH FRED MATHENY

Which Exercises Will Get Rid of My Gut?

QUESTION: I have more belly than is good for me. At 45, I
changed my life and started bike commuting. I've dropped
some weight and three inches off my waist, but there's lots
more to go. Is there something better than basic situps and
leg lifts for trimming the stomach? -- Michael R.

COACH FRED: It's important to do "core" exercises like
crunches to keep the abs toned and reduce lower back
problems. You can do them at home on a carpet or exercise
mat. No health club needed.

However, remember that strong abs won't reduce the size of
your waistline. You can do crunches from now till doomsday
and all you'll get is an extremely strong abdominal wall
covered with the same layer of fat that presently exists.

Here's why: Fat is lost at the same rate from all over the
body. Further, it's lost only by increasing the number of
calories burned and reducing the number taken in. There's no
such thing as "spot reducing" -- exercising a certain part
of the body to take fat off that specific area.

Crunches alone won't burn enough calories to help you shed
fat. To lose weight, continue to bike commute. Two rides a
day may be more effective than one ride of the same total
length because your metabolism is boosted twice. (Ed goes
into this in an eBook we sell on our website, Bicycle
Commuting for Fun & Profit.)

Ride on the weekends, too, to incinerate more calories. The
longer you can go on Saturday or Sunday, the better. Combine
your cycling with a sensible nutritional plan and you should
see steady weight loss.

o^o o^o o^o o^o o^o o^o o^o o^o o^o o^o

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
A quote:

"Connor, who weighs 420 pounds, claims that McDonald's violated the laws when it regarded him as morbidly obese and refused to hire him based on that perception."

A response: Dude, at 420 lbs. you are morbidly obese!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
He may have a case. Afterall I worked at McDonalds for almost 2 years in High School and they hired anyone with a pulse, so I can't see why this guy wasn't hired.

In the time I was there only one person was fired for ineptitude because after 1 year she still couldn't figure out the cash register.