• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Mediumtown

Check out this website:

www.mediumtown.com

Mediumtown
This site from the UK starts by answering the question most frequently posed by visitors: What is a mediumtown? According to the creator of the site, a mediumtown features nine distinct, yet entirely common, landmarks that aren't "special, picturesque or unique," and can best be described as "everything else in-between." This site asks visitors to find and photograph leisure centres, train stations, or bus stops in their own British town, then upload the shots. The photos are then added to a category page where you can view bucolic parks and corner petrol stations. The site's oddly compelling images of locations that are usually passed right by might just inspire you to stop and shoot the shopping centres of your town.

BKM

Cyburbian
Great!

What a fun site!

I've always had this odd opinion about travel that I never really want to see the big cathedral or the royal palace, I want to see the working class suburb or the factory district.