• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Memorial Day weekend

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
It's not too soon to start making plans for this weekend. So what are your plans? Me, I'm going to starting packing for my move to the Sunshine State. :cool: My sons and I will also have a bbq with some friends. Oh yeah, and drink beer. :b:

Dragon

Cyburbian
I was going to see my buddy in FL, but he got deployed (my biggest grief about the military) not long ago, so I’ll be chilling at the house. I’ll have a few of these :b: , sleep in, work out, chase women (yeah right), and other unforeseen things.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
I believe I will be doing housework to get an unfinished bedrooom ready. Play golf if the wife has no objections (she usually does).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Go on a bender that will put Krusty the Clown to shame. :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :c: :b: :b: :b: :b: :-b

biscuit

Cyburbian
I'll be having a blast moving over the weekend. Arrrggggh.... I am so sick of moving. The soon to be Mrs. Biscuit and I got a place across town (no more walking to work :-( ) so I will be spending Friday-Monday moving her things up from her place an hour south of here, and then taking over what she's allowing me to keep of my stuff from my current apartment. I then get to spend the next week waiting sitting around, waiting on the cable guy, waiting on furniture delivery...... FUN!!!;-)

Last edited:

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Maister said:
Go on a bender that will put Krusty the Clown to shame. :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :c: :b: :b: :b: :b: :-b
You mean your not going on your honeymoon with Teresa?;)

:-@

I shall get out the hammer and prepare to wack my head in with the claw end as I get ready to go on the road trip hell to florida on monday, for a week. Shoot me now. :-#

Habanero

Cyburbian
We'll be busy packing for the move and helping our friends landscape their backyard. It's going to be f-u-n!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Gedunkerson soccer game Saturday, then finish filling/sanding/priming/painting window cases, door cases and baseboards in the kitchen (probably consuming most of Sunday and some Monday too). Bar-b-Que at the in-laws on the Ohio River Monday. Drop into Cyburbia from time to time.

Queen B

Cyburbian
King B gets his girls for the weekend, it has been almost two months since we have had any contact with them so we will be enjoying them!

SGB

Cyburbian
The SGB clan may be going to the Pocono Mountain region for the weekend. Still in the planning/debating phase.....

nerudite

Cyburbian
We had our long weekend last weekend (Victoria Day)... I'm planning on doing yardwork this weekend (unless it rains).

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Rumpy Tunanator said:
You mean your not going on your honeymoon with Teresa?;)
No, that's WHY I'm going on a bender. She ran off with Michaelskis during lunch - had two one way tickets to Vegas. I guess all that tough talk about deathmatches scared her away from me. |-)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Fishing and camping with the kids and parents, Barbeque at one of my dad's cousins' house, family reunion (usually 120 to 150 people) at Aunt Betty's farm visit the gravesites of my relatives starting with my GGGgrandmother. Oh I almost forgot, I think my dad's half brother who went 40 years without contact with my grandfather will be to his first reunion. I'm the family historian, so I tend to get asked alot of questions by the old timers about people they remember when they were children.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Maister said:
Speaking of benders, I have 30 gallons of beer to put into kegs. I will post pictures of start to finish next week! :-D

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
1st phase of moving stuff into our new apartment

We will enjoy the new apartment, which is twice the size of our current apt. :-D

Last edited:

Dragon

Cyburbian
Maister said:
No, that's WHY I'm going on a bender. She ran off with Michaelskis during lunch - had two one way tickets to Vegas. I guess all that tough talk about deathmatches scared her away from me. |-)
But I thought women loved men to fight over them… :p I was betting on you anway, a man with a waterfowl as a pet is bound to be crazy in a fight.

Rumpy Tunanator said:
I shall get out the hammer and prepare to wack my head in with the claw end as I get ready to go on the road trip hell to florida on monday, for a week. Shoot me now. :-#
I've been a few times, Florida isn't that bad. :-D

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
A Long Deferred Project!

I'm installing a....clothesline!

One of those T-bar, galvanized deals so I can take advantage of Colorado's splendid sunshine and reduce the amount of the check I write to the electric company to run that dryer!

By the way, I've got no conflicting covenants to deal with as my place is not in one of the up and coming botique 'hoods that frown on that sort of thing....

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
If there isn't any rain/ thunder & lighting/ tornadoes

YES to Bike Riding, cleaning apt.
NO to Drinking, Moving

May be go to the Spirit of Vincennes Rendezvous: http://www.spiritofvincennes.org/
One of the Midwest’s premier Revolutionary War reenactments located next to the George Rogers Clark National Historical Park (NHP): http://www.nps.gov/gero/

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Miles Ignatius said:
I'm installing a....clothesline!

One of those T-bar, galvanized deals so I can take advantage of Colorado's splendid sunshine and reduce the amount of the check I write to the electric company to run that dryer!

By the way, I've got no conflicting covenants to deal with as my place is not in one of the up and coming botique 'hoods that frown on that sort of thing....
Have kids? I put one of those in last year, and my son took it out during a game of football. They just don't make them like they used to.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Duke Of Dystopia said:
Speaking of benders, I have 30 gallons of beer to put into kegs. I will post pictures of start to finish next week! :-D
I've had 5 gallons of mead (jest plain ol' clover honey) sitting in carboy #2 (traditionally my secondary fermenter) for about 18 months now (yes, the gravity really is changing) and I was going to bottle this weekend...the trouble is I need a few more pint bottles and I am morally opposed to purchasing empty bottles expressly for filling with my brew - no, I gotta drain about 8 more Grolsch this holiday weekend to ensure sufficient bottle supply. Here in MI its too tempting when low on cash to turn in your empties at 10 cents/piece...nasty habit.

jestes

Cyburbian
I plan to hang out with the kids, do a bit of the Cub Scout camping thing and hopefully do some bike riding here:

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
My son will be at the beach with a friend and his family, so I plan to run the errands that bore him to tears (like Home Depot), and start on a couple home-improvement projects. Maybe get a little sun, do some reading.

otterpop

Cyburbian
We (the wife, the son and I) are going to Bozeman for two days, then back home, where we will take advantage of Memorial Day sales to buy a washer and a lawnmower. Ain't domesticity grand! Hey, if I am really feeling crazy maybe get an edger too!

jestes

Cyburbian
Jestes is that a Rail-to-Trail ?
Yes it is the Longleaf Trace Rails to Trails, part of the Pearl to Leaf Rivers Recreational District. It is 41 miles long and runs from Hattiesburg, Mississippi northeast to Prentiss Mississippi. It starts at elevation 280 in Hattiesburg, peaks at elevation 520 at about the 35 mile marker then back down to around 330 in Prentiss. Check out more about it at Longleaf Trace

boiker

Cyburbian
i will drive 2.5 hrs to the nw burbs of chicago and clean my apartment, hand over the keys and shout "See ya later, Stinktown!" out of my window as I drive away.

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
Maister said:
I've had 5 gallons of mead (jest plain ol' clover honey) sitting in carboy #2 (traditionally my secondary fermenter) for about 18 months now (yes, the gravity really is changing) and I was going to bottle this weekend...the trouble is I need a few more pint bottles and I am morally opposed to purchasing empty bottles expressly for filling with my brew - no, I gotta drain about 8 more Grolsch this holiday weekend to ensure sufficient bottle supply. Here in MI its too tempting when low on cash to turn in your empties at 10 cents/piece...nasty habit.
OK, I am jealous now. I want to make meade but I do to much brewing to lock up my fermentors doing it. I am on track to but up against the legal limit this year of 200 gallons (100 per adult per household). By the end of the year, I will have the bugs worked out of the brewery and will be able to apply for my brewing license I think. :-D

You going to the Chi Laefest with Michaelski?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Friday night I will be seeing Anthrax in Chicago. Saturday I will hopefully go biking somewhere (pending the weather) and maybe going to a Brewers game. Same with Sunday. Monday - no set plans yet.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Budgie said:
I'm the family historian.
I think thats pretty cool to do that for your family.
BTW, in regard to this weekend, I am going to the beach to chill and I invited ZG to come over and visit....but no she is going to "run errands" and stuff.