• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Meow Meow Meow Meow

Do you think the kitty can hear twice as good?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • What?

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Do you think the kitty can hear twice as good?

Lilly, a six-month old black and white house cat with four ears is seen in a home for animals in Murnau, southern Germany on March 24, 2004. A four-eared German kitten has been given a new home after a German animal shelter was deluged with requests to adopt the animal born six months ago with the genetic defect.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
What an awesome cat, maybe he should hook up with the X-men.

What about this guy, does he have twice the brain power, or twice the mad cow, you decide...;)

Last edited:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Its all photoshopped. Just like those moon landing pictures. *scoff* Like that could happen.... |-)

otterpop

Cyburbian
Knowing how much a cat loves to be scratched behind the ears, this cat is doubly blessed.

boiker

Cyburbian
scientifically speaking, 1/2 less sound vibration would enter each normal ear. Also, is each ear completely seperate. If the two external ears share the same inner ear parts, then the sound may be interpreted incorrectly by the cat due to the slightly different angles of reception of the ears.
:)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
boiker said:
scientifically speaking, 1/2 less sound vibration would enter each normal ear. Also, is each ear completely seperate. If the two external ears share the same inner ear parts, then the sound may be interpreted incorrectly by the cat due to the slightly different angles of reception of the ears.
:)
nerd alert, nerd alert. Get this man a pocket protector!
;-)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
My guess is that at least one pair of ears are not functional, or the two are connected to just one pair of internal organs. which will probably produce the effects said by boiker...

Although, I've seen things freakier than a two headed calf or a 4 eared kitten... how about the head of a calf with 4 eyes, 2 noses, one mouth and 2 ears... try explaining that to a 10 year old kid... oh, and I saw it with my own eyes, not through a picture... so photoshop is out of the question.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
the rear set are tissue structure only...the report likened the ears to the 7th toes some cats have.