• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Message icons in messages

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
OK, this is a dumb question. How come I can't use those goofy smiley faces in messages that everyone else can. I figured out that if I type :) - a happy face will come up. I see the option to add the icon to the subject of the message, but do not have the option to add them internally.

Sometimes a "smilies" menu appears to the left of the message body box. It's actually next to me right now. But, when I add messages to other Forum areas - FAC or Design, etc, I see nothing. How can I get that menu to always be there?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
When you first make a post, there will be a "message icon" field below the "Post subject" area. Select one of the icons, and post away!

Now, the smiles menu in followup messages ... it's a fluke that keeps that area hidden. At the bottom of the message posting page, there should be a"Forum rules." Click on "Smiles" in that, and you'll get all the smiles available to you for insertion in your posts.