• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Michael Moore lawsuit...

nerudite

Cyburbian
James Nichols is suing Michael Moore. It seems he was 'tricked' into appearing in Bowling for Columbine. I have to admit that when I saw the movie, I was wondering what the hell Mr. Nichols was thinking to say all that stuff on camera and I wondered when he would try to get back at Moore. I kind of thought he'd just go blow up his house though.

martini

Cyburbian
hmmm, delayed reaction maybe? Or is he really as stupid as the movie made him out to be?

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Instead of "defamation of character" and all those other allegations, they should just start calling litigation of this type "He made me look like a dumbass"

What is it with people suing every time they get their feelings hurt?

Oh yeah, don't answer me with sarcasm, I'll sue.

ludes98

Cyburbian
I haven't seen the movie, but I have trouble with this. How can anyone expect that their vison will come through in the director's vision? Hello cutting room floor? This is true of all documentary. Many try to say all sides are shown or are neutral, but I think it is impossible to be that detached. I mean they make a documentaries about subjects they interested in don't they?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Talk about living in a cave, it took him this long to sue? Man I guess he didn't partake in the "Do you own guns thread". Maybe he should look at the waiver he probally signed after they taped the interview, stupid!
Thats it, I'm suing the cops that used my video taped confession against me in court for that dead hooker they found in the dumpster.