• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

moderation , speech and El Guapo.....let's talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish One

I think I need to defend Guapo's speech rights in this forum, whatever they may be..

Why was Guapo moderated?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Are we sure he like just isn't on vacation or something?

I really don't think anyone scared him off, he loves to throw his $0.02 in as much as everyone else.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo was not moderated. He misunderstood a statment about someone editing a post, and thought his post had been tampered with as to content. It was not.

I'll let NHPlanner explain the rest...

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
The Irish one said:
I think I need to defend Guapo's speech rights in this forum, whatever they may be..

Why was Guapo moderated?
I've said this before, so why not one more time...

El Guapo was NOT moderated. There were 2 other users at the time that had posts deleted for personal attacks. None of El Guapo's posts were edited or deleted.

The moderators strictly enforce a "no personal attacks" rule. If you directly attack another user, the post will be deleted. It's that simple. We are not editing free speech or discouraging debate, we encourage both! But personal attacks will not be tolerated.

Fee free to PM any of the moderators if you have questions or comments.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Please direct any further comments about moderation directly to the moderator in question via PM....lets leave the boards for the discussions they were intended for. :)

Speaking purely for myself, I have no problem discussing any moderation with anyone via PM....feel free to contact me for any questions!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
EG will be back. He's taking a break to attend to some work and personal affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.