• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Monday Night I'm feeling alright, Tuesday Morning I'm picking myself off the floor

What are you doing tonight/tomorrow?

• Drinking till I wake up on Wednesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drinking Today and Tomorrow Stupid!!

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Going to read a book and maybe go to bed early

• Going to eat some dinner, watch some t.v and maybe do some work around the house tomorrow

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I have to work tomorrow jerks (sorry jerks)

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Going on an undisclosed adventure

• Finishing school work and/or work related work

• Going get 'dems bastards who egged my house on Halloween

• Other (explain below)

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
So what is everybody that has tomorrow off doing tonight and tomorrow (those who have to work, please show your displeasure).

I'm going run the gauntlet and fight some zombies while drinking some beers:b: Then its time to finish some unfinished business on tuesday, & maybe catch a movie.

I'll be thanking all the lucky jerks who have the day off for allowing me to have an easier hellish commute to and from work.

martini

Cyburbian
Responsibility is rearing its ugly head. I have to start on a paper thats due in a few weeks, plus catch up on homework that's long over due. Uhg, can't wait till I'm out of grad school! I just wanna play dammit.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Well I gotta work tomorrow, but most of my clients will be off work so the phones will be quiet.

SO I will likely drink tonight, show up late for work and surf cyburbia all day.

For all you jerks with the day off please refrain from posting all kinds of stuff about how great it is to have the day off, while all us poor chumps are hung over and sitting in the office. ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'm rather excited about having tomorrow off- I've got a bit of yard work to do but then I'm going to a 1 p.m. yoga class at the gym. It's going to be a day of relaxation and fun!

biscuit

Cyburbian
As a dutiful public servant, I have tomorrow off. So tonight I will probably throw back a few and see where the evening takes me. Most likely that will be to reading and eventually passing out while watching cartoons at two in the morning.

The fun will continue on my day off when I go on an exciting adventure to the magical world of Pep Boys for new tires and an oil change. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! ;-)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
As a public servant, I will be working tomorrow. Lame! That will not stop me from partaking in some fermented beverages while watching the Packers whip up on the Philly Eagles.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
That will not stop me from partaking in some fermented beverages while watching the Packers whip up on the Philly Eagles.

Keep dreamin pal.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
JoshD said:
For all you jerks with the day off please refrain from posting all kinds of stuff about how great it is to have the day off, while all us poor chumps are hung over and sitting in the office. ;)

Damn right, my fellow working brotha! :D

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
We have a visiting speaker, Dan Burden from Walkable Communities Inc that will be putting on workshop from 6-9 pm tonight. It should be good but make for a long night.

Tomorrow night is a code enforcement forum, so no drinking for most of the week.

Jeff

Cyburbian
OhioPlanner said:
We have a visiting speaker, Dan Burden from Walkable Communities Inc that will be putting on workshop from 6-9 pm tonight.

A great slideshow! You will enjoy it.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike D. said:
Keep dreamin pal.

I smell WAGERS!

If the Pack wins, we'll send you a twelver of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a twelver of Milwaukees Best. Err wait, you dont drink, dammit.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Chet - Mike D has been itchin for a Butter Burger for a long time...either that or we could send Sprecher Root Beer or some cheese. Not that it would matter as the Eagles will lose.

If you could only send a philly cheesesteak through the mail..

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
The fun will continue on my day off when I go on an exciting adventure to the magical world of Pep Boys for new tires and an oil change. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! ;-)

Dude, what ever you do do not go to Pep Boys. I had a bad experience there when I lived n Pittsburgh, so avoid them at all costs, or it will end up costing you.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
[B
If you could only send a philly cheesesteak through the mail.. [/B]

You can, but its like $50.00 so no deal.

If the Iggles were any good this year I may have taken that bet, but......

How about Tastykakes?

I'm willing to put up a care package consisting og Tastykakes, there's nothing else really mailable. Soft pretzels will be OK if you heat them up, but they'll probably be a little stale.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:
Dude, what ever you do do not go to Pep Boys. I had a bad experience there when I lived n Pittsburgh, so avoid them at all costs, or it will end up costing you.

They are fine for parts!! DIY.

Otis

Cyburbian
OhioPlanner said:
We have a visiting speaker, Dan Burden from Walkable Communities Inc that will be putting on workshop from 6-9 pm tonight. It should be good but make for a long night.

When he was here he told us he 300 of them a year. Don't expect much in the way of relevance to your community.

As for me, I've got a City Council meeting tonight, but the mayor likes short meetings, so I expect to be home by 9:00pm. Tomorrow I cut more firewood. (Hope that isn't a Cyburbia euphemism for anything.)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Tonight: CDA Board, Plan Board
Tomorrow: Staff meeting, meeting with attorney, interview, Tourism Council

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tuna said:

I'll second that. Had a disastrous and potentially fatal experience after taking my car there. Never again.

On a lighter note, have to work but going to a White Stripes concert tonight! Gonna mosh like I haven't moshed since I was 19......

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I had a butter burger for you and as I was walking to the UPS store to ship it, it slipped out of my hands and a homeless man picked it up and ate it. I went back and got another one and as I was about to throw it into the shipping box, it slipped out of my hand again and a hungry employee grabbed it up. Deciding that I wasn't up to the task, I handed the next butter burger off to my planning assistant and told him to take it. He subsequently had the burger poked out of his hands by a passer-by and it was quickly recovered by another pedestrian.

Sorry.