• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Monday

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
At least it's not raining.

It's raining on me. :not: And....it's still Monday. Plus I'm having leftovers at lunch, and nothing good. My lower back is uncomfortable and my shirt is itchy.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am having a good Monday. I am working with a client community that I enjoy, it is sunny out, and I know I am moving forward in a positive direction in my life.

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
Months with 5 Mondays stink.

ursus, I'm having leftovers too but I'm looking forward to it.

Alright! But I have decided against it. After reading BUN's thread about slow-dancing I've decided to declare war on Monday and go home for lunch.....and slow dance. I wouldn't dream of showing up unannounced with takeout. ;)

I propose a Cyburbian "walk-out" and "dance-in" until Monday is over! Joing me!

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
Short week... which makes this Monday like a Wednesday. Doesn't feel like a Wednesday though... feels like a Monday.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Going away for the weekend (part of it, anyway) really helped my mood. I was actually raring to go this morning. :)

Wonder if I'll still feel that way tomorrow. :r:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Its sunny and mid 60's right now....and yet, it feels like it's raining. How can that be?
Monday Monday
so bad to me
Monday Monday
its not what I hoped it would be....

btrage

Cyburbian
Decent Monday so far. A little on the sleepy side, but I haven't had to deal with any craziness yet. I do have a meeting tonight, but it should be pretty short.

arcplans

As Featured in "High Times"
Decent Monday so far. A little on the sleepy side, but I haven't had to deal with any craziness yet. I do have a meeting tonight, but it should be pretty short.

you should ask siri what to do after your meeting. Maybe she can help deal with the additional time you have tonight ;)

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate Mondays like these.

The server is down. All my files are on the server.

I had to take a check to a vendor's office who decided they weren't going to pick up the check last Thursday like they said they were. I was out of town on Friday when they came to get it so they were SOL. As a courtesy I dropped it off. This will be the last time and all checks will be mailed from here on out. I met the guy I called an asshole before the end of the year when he threw a hissy fit about getting only one check (the big one) instead of two before he closed his books.

I found a summons on my desk for code enforcement court this morning...the hearing was scheduled for 8:30am today. Let's not mention I was there last Thursday for the same property :-{. Dear City: I need more than three days notice to appear in court and how about combing the F*ing tickets and hearing them all at once? Better yet, develop a schedule of fees so I can just mail the fine in.

I have two days of training this week, my boss is out of town for three days. I am sure I will have to referee some squabble downstairs while I am in training.

wahday

Cyburbian
Last week was Spring Break for the kids (and the wife) but alas, not for me. It was tortuous. They went camping, among other fun adventures, while I went to work. Now its Monday and everyone seems like they got their fill of R and R except me. Not cool, man.

So, this Monday isn't striking me as worthy of a good attitude. I smite thee, Monday, cursed day that ends the binge of sleep, biking and beer! Be gone with ye!

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
I actually don't mind Mondays, at least compared to Sunday. Sunday has always been the worst day of the week for me, for as far back as I can remember. In grade school and high school, I would go into a deep funk realizing the weekend was coming to an end. But once I was in class, the worst was over. 20% of the school week done by the end of the day. You couldn't say that on a Sunday evening.

When I got divorced, I got a truncated weekend and had to return my kids at 7:00 PM on Sunday. Going home to that dreadful empty house after dropping them off at their mothers was a pain that is beyond comprehension. But by Monday afternoon I felt just a tiny bit better, knowing that it would be "only" 12 days instead of 13 that I would have the kids overnight again.

Last edited:

kms

Cyburbian
It's Monday. I took off today and took a very short bike ride. We rode our bikes across the Eastern Continental Divide, through a tunnel to a foggy overlook and on to the Mason and Dixon Line.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
It's Monday. I took off today and took a very short bike ride. We rode our bikes across the Eastern Continental Divide, through a tunnel to a foggy overlook and on to the Mason and Dixon Line.

Have you ever explored any of the tunnels on the abandoned sections of the turnpike? It seems like it would be cool and creepy at the same time.

kms

Cyburbian
Have you ever explored any of the tunnels on the abandoned sections of the turnpike? It seems like it would be cool and creepy at the same time.
Not yet. I hear that there can be a lot of broken glass and I don't want to risk flat tires. It might be a good hiking opportunity on a mild fall or winter day, combined with a trip to Gravity Hill.