• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Monica Lewinsky you're an idiot

chrisinmd

Cyburbian
"Lewinsky, who told her own account of the affair in the 1999 book "Monica's Story," said she reluctantly spoke out about Clinton's tome "My Life" because he tried to rewrite history.

"He says he was proud of the way that he defended the presidency, at my expense," she said. " quote from a news story concerning the Clinton book

Frankly I'm tired of listening to Monica whin about what happen to her. Monica you're an idiot and you are probably one of the most selfish, naive and stupid people on the planet. You gave a guy some oral sex and he was president, do you really think he was going to give it up because of your oral sexual talents. Monica damaged the institution of the president -- she is selfish, childish, stupid and self serving. Getting some sex in the White House is not an impeachible offence, might be somewhat dumb, bold to some and not particularly classy. Bill-you should have picked someone who would keep there month shut.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
I agree Chris, come on does she thinkg he can come out and say he had some fling with her, hes a married man whos gone on with his life-she needs to get the hell over it. She knew what the score was but she did it anyway.

crybaby

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Come on now. Wild Bill is just as guilty as Monica for the affair in the Oral Office, um Oval Orfifice, whatever. Anyway, he should have been the one to stop it before it started. But yes, it is history and now, who cares?

Michele Zone

BANNED
You know, she may be an idiot. But it really galls me that men can act like Clinton and it does not utterly ruin their lives but it sure as hell ruins the life of the woman on the recieving end. She is a young woman who has been utterly villified and betrayed. For what? For giving pleasure to a man she admired and was attracted to? This is a hanging offense?

But, of course, we are ONLY going to hang HER and blame HER and act like SHE should have known better while we excuse his behavior with a "boys will be boys" attitude. It takes two. The whole goddamn world KNOWS it happened. Clinton should be a man about it and treat her with honor and not lie his worthless ass off as if that can somehow cover it up. Sheesh.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Oh yes Bill is just as guilty, not saying he's not. I'm saying she seems rather...immature about the whole thing. Unfortunately this is how politics work and she was too young and green to see the forest for the trees and she will probably pay for that tryst for the rest of her life.

Did she think the press would feel sorry for her? did she not think the news hounds and Republicans would rip her to shreds when the news broke. it was not a question of IF but WHEN.

Yes he left her out on the line in the wind but come on he had already cheated on his wife more than once did she expect morals?

I have no pity for them both. I respect many things Clinton did while in office, I don't think he made a wise choice in this matter but honestly I don't care about it or how she feels after the fact.

Maybe I'm cold but I have no respect for women that screw around with married men.

Michele Zone

BANNED
Like you say: she was young and green. She probably did and perhaps still does have all the naive, silly expectations that you accuse her of. Duh! To repeat what you said: she was young and green. Why is this such a villified trait? Naivity is a crime punishable by being burned in effigy??

otterpop

Cyburbian
Poor, poor Monica. Bill got $10 million for his memoirs. Looks like she got the shaft. :-} ^o)

Habanero

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Oh yes Bill is just as guilty, not saying he's not. I'm saying she seems rather...immature about the whole thing. Unfortunately this is how politics work and she was too young and green to see the forest for the trees and she will probably pay for that tryst for the rest of her life.

Did she think the press would feel sorry for her? did she not think the news hounds and Republicans would rip her to shreds when the news broke. it was not a question of IF but WHEN.

Yes he left her out on the line in the wind but come on he had already cheated on his wife more than once did she expect morals?

I have no pity for them both. I respect many things Clinton did while in office, I don't think he made a wise choice in this matter but honestly I don't care about it or how she feels after the fact.

Maybe I'm cold but I have no respect for women that screw around with married men.
I agree with you completely, PG. She got what she had coming to her, she needs to swallow it like a big girl and get on with her life. ;-) I'm not saying he's innocent, but what did she think was going to happen? She's seems bitter she didn't "mean" something to him.

I seem to remember a story about her Mom praising her for getting with the President, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
And have you seen her lately??!! I think she ate Linda Tripp!

Super Amputee Cat

Cyburbian
otterpop said:
Poor, poor Monica. Bill got $10 million for his memoirs. Looks like she got the shaft. :-} ^o)
Yeah, but how much did Monica get for her book My Story?

I actually don't blame Monica at all for writing the book. Just the idiots that bought it.

Last edited:

Michele Zone

BANNED
Some rambling and error-prone thoughts:

If I recall correctly, some of the folks who are slamming Monica in this thread were all for "anything goes between CONSENTING adults" in a thread about homosexual marriage which veered off on a tangent of "hey, why not multiple spouses too?"

I know that folks will probably say that the above standard does not apply to an adulterous marital situation. I don't see why not. I have read a lot of articles and books about "alternative" arrangements -- threesomes with long-term commitments, swingers, and so on. I have also had some interesting conversations with people who have lived out such things. And, having researched it and thought it through pretty thoroughly, I have concluded that Hillary basically "gave consent" to her cheating husband to go about his partying while she looked the other way -- whether she actually said so or not.

I basically think that Hillary "pimped" her husband. She wanted power. She had the high-paying law career and was the power behind the throne. I have never heard or read of any incident which suggests that she ever seriously tried to get him to zip it and keep it zipped. She does not have the excuse that so many women have of "well, I had a child by him and I was financially dependent upon him". I would imagine that his philandering predates the birth of their only child and she made more money than Bill did. She did not "need" him for anything -- except her twisted political aspirations. I am glad she finally ran for office herself. It is a lot more respectable than pimping her husband to her weird aspirations for political power while she made the money and had the private power.

The woman seems so controlling and power-hungry, god, who wouldn't have stepped out on her? I think Bill probably subconsciously ran around on her as a means to keep some piece of his life for himself -- and she let him because their marriage is about a partnership for seeking power, not about personal love of each other. Frankly, I think she preferred that he go sleep around and not bother her too much with his demands for sex because, by god, she was working a zillion hours a week at her law career (a career notorious for its 80 hour work weeks). She probably couldn't be bothered to get all dolled up and down and dirty. That would have interfered with her life too much. So she probably subtly encouraged him to go prey upon uneducated, powerless women because that is what they are good for. Certainly, a powerhouse like her couldn't be bothered to service her own husband.

Anyway, statistically, if you have a rape trial and you are the lawyer on the victim's side, you want a bunch of middle-aged MEN in the jury because women go "she shouldn't have been wearing that short skirt..she shouldn't have taken that lonely shortcut home...she shouldn't have done this, that or the other". It is a psychological defense mechanism: blame her and then the women in the jury feel like it cannot happen to them. Men, on the other hand, were all once randy teenagers (I cannot tell you how many men have spoken about what animals randy teenagers are, lol, and said "I KNOW because I used to be a randy teenager", lol) and they have sisters or daughters or wives or nieces or all of the above. The men know it could happen to any woman and it hasn't got much to do with the skirt she wore or anything else she did. And they generally will fry the guy.

So I find it interesting to see two women slamming a woman as "not respectable" for getting involved with a married man. In my book, it is HIS job to remember that HE is married and has a personal obligation to his wife. And if he and his wife have some private agreement that he can run around and she will look the other way (more common than you might think and, no, Hillary cannot tell the press "Oh, yeah, we discussed it and I said 'just don't bring home VD or get any of these bimbos pregnant'....")...er, anyway, some men do have such agreements with their wife. That is between him and his wife and Hillary hasn't cut his nuts off for it yet so I suspect she just really doesn't much care, when push comes to shove.

Anyway, that is probably fairly incoherent. But I wanted to get a few things off my mind. :-}