• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

More random, cool, non-planning-related Websites

mgk920

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Even simpler, just lay out a couple of hundred bucks for a WinXP emulator. ;-)
(but yea, that would take all of the fun out if it :p )

How to REALLY keep track of your money B-)

Satellite light, satellite bright, first satellite I see tonight...

Hop into your own virtual BMW or Porsche and cruise by these German autobahn signs

Also, albeit a bit off topic because it does include planning info;
Everything you ever wanted to know about the roads/bridges/tunnels/etc in and around NYC
(includes info on the neverbuilts and also has links for the Philadelphia and southern New England areas)

Mike

Last edited:

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Dan said:
Dig through your bookmarks, and share some links to cool, interesting, and.or fascinating Web sites you don't think others have seen.

Guide to Springfield USA
From the Indianapolis Star, July 31, 2004

Cool dot com -- Oddity of the week

This incredibly specific map of Homer Simpson's hometown is so meticulous it has been added to Harvard's digital-map collection.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
LOL...oh sis, you know I posted this for you. ;) I think that's my new home page.

BKM

Cyburbian
www.butterfliesandwheels.com - great discussion site ran by some secular philosophers.

www.arcataeye.com Look at the police log!

Jesus' general. Not very good for the devout, but still a hilarious political site.

Although my workplace's firewall blocks it, I like landover baptist, too :)

And, the always amusing www.portalofevil.com

Satan Stole My Teddy Bear-a great music site (punk, heavy metal) (only intermittent updates) with a pretty intelligent if young-trending discussion forum.

Another site called "cyburbia"...

http://quad.bic.caltech.edu/~kremersd/
It is about art and science -- but if you search for "Cyburbia", it comes up as something like 3rd on the list because it has the same name as this site. Fascinating stuff.

EDIT: Warning: The link called "wonder/controversy" takes a zillion years to download.