• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Mormon Crickets

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar

From Yahoo! News:

"PALOMINO VALLEY, Nev. - Swarms of Mormon crickets are marching across the West, destroying rangeland and crops, slickening highways with their carcasses and leaving disgusted residents in their wake. 'It's yucky,' said Amy Nisbet of Elko in northeast Nevada, where this year crickets made their first appearance in recent memory. 'You drive down the street and they pop like bubble wrap.'"

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Is there a Queen Cricket? Or is it truly like the Mormons: Multiple Ovipositors = Arthropod Polygamy?

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Re: Re: Mormon Crickets

Habanero said:
Now, I could've lived without that description!
Now that school is out, the kids will be playing with the Mormon Crickets like daddy's unused e-bay bubble wrap, but this time they'll be gleefully spraying bug guts all over the living room!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I saw that article and wondered if it would find its way to Cyburbia. So what's next, Unitarian locusts? Presbyterian moths? I might make a suggestion to Stardarcy, but then s/he has been a good sport about my repeated calls for a disaster.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:
I saw that article and wondered if it would find its way to Cyburbia. So what's next, Unitarian locusts? Presbyterian moths? I might make a suggestion to Stardarcy, but then s/he has been a good sport about my repeated calls for a disaster.
Well, if the disaster has any connection to Cyburbia, it ought to be the full wrath of God.