• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

nerudite

Cyburbian
I watched Most Extreme Elimination Challenge yesterday for the first time. I can't sit through much t.v., but this show had me glued from beginning to end and I was laughing so hard I was in tears.

It's like the movie Kung Pow meets a Japanese game show... very bizarre. Has anyone else seen this?

nerudite

Cyburbian
No not really... it's an old Japanese extreme game show from the 80s dubbed into English with silly voices, using lots of sexual innuendo and a little bathroom humour.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
I saw that show last week and thought it was totally hilarious. I was crying on the couch, I was laughing so hard. I felt like it was the dry commentary of "Best in Show" meets "Jackass" I can't imagine though how long that show will remain funny. You can only watch clumsy Japanese people for just so long.

Jeff

Cyburbian
oooohhhhh...Japanese game shows are brutal. I'll have to check that one out.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
This show is hilarious!!!!! My wife loves watching it just to watch me crack up. I didn't like the english dubbing at first, but now even that can be funny.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
nerudite said:
No not really... it's an old Japanese extreme game show from the 80s dubbed into English with silly voices, using lots of sexual innuendo and a little bathroom humour.
I saw it yesterday, I think Chet writes the dialog.

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
I love this show. I got hooked about 2 months ago. Its amazing how painful the games are. I love the replays and the hilarious commentators.