• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Movies about Planning and Development

OhioPlanner

Cyburbian
I'm always looking for good movies about planning and development issues. Does anyone have any good suggestions? I have the following:

Milagro Beanfield Wars (fight to protect ag land from development)
The Castle (about eminent domain)
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (about the suburbanization of the countryside)

I prefer feature films, but am open to suggestions about documentaries as well.

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Yes, Chinatown is a great movie, especially the backdrop of water politics and development of the LA valley. Oh yeah, Jack Nicholson is great in it, too!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Although it's not by a long shot a planning movie, one of my favorite scenes in Grosse Pointe Blank is when John Cusack starts to freak out because his childhood home was redeveloped into a convenience store. The architectural design of the original house was intact, which made it that much funnier.