• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Mozilla 0.99 or IE 6.0?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
The more time I spend playing around with the latest beta of Mozilla, the more I like it. It's relatively fast and stable, and there's some features that IE doesn't have which come in quite handy -- tabbed browsing and the ability to control cookies, involuntary full screen windows, pop-ups and pop-unders from the browser, without a separate plug-in or proxy.

About two years ago, fed up with Netscape's constant crashing, I finally gave up, and crossed over to the Dark Side. IE renders pages well, but the need for constant security updates, and MIcrosoft's refusal to implement any sort of pop-up control (plug-ins dont work 100% of the time, unfortunately), makes the prospect of my return to Mozilla very likely. (I tried Opera, and I don't like it -- the interface just seems sort of clunky and amateurish.)

Anyone wlse using Mozilla? What are your thoughts?

el Guapo

Capitalist
I use IE6

I have IE 4,5,6, opera, star office and Netscape in addition to several Linux browsers. I try to look at my work through all of them on a regular basis. But for every day use it is IE 6 despite it glairing flaws.

Top Bottom