• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Museum of Hoaxes

My level one score of 6 out of 10 indicates that I'm a lot more gullible than I thought or the morning coffee hasn't sunk in yet.

statler

Cyburbian
8 of 10. Is there a level two?

Edit- Never mind I found it! (and only got 5 of ten)

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I got 7 out of 10 on the first section, 5 out of 10 on the second. I don't think it's because we are gullible...it's probably that we can never be surprised by anything or anyone anymore.

Like Pres. Bush reading the book upside down or Daschle putting the wrong hand on his chest. It 'could' really happen. For example, spelling the word "potato" incorrectly...

donk

Cyburbian
6 of 10,

I don't believe the photo of the jet, unless it was really well timed, and that would be difficult to do, plus the speed of the film, plus aperture, plus knowing the exact spot to aim...

The VW picture has been discussed before on usenet, if you look at the pillars and suspension it does not match with what should be happening.

I am wrong, visited snopes and they have multiple pictures from various angles

Maybe the hoax is that the hoaxes are real and vice versa.

Last edited:

donk

Cyburbian
Texasplanner:
You mean he knows how to read!? I was positive that picture was real!
The big stink up here right now is that the PM's press secretary called GWB a moron when having a private conversation that was overheard by a member of the press. There was an interesting commentary about it on the sunday morning news show. Highlights

1) He did go to an Ivy league school, yes he got C's
2) He is a multi millionaire, through the saving and loans fiasco's of the 80's and ENRON type deals
3) He is the president, with the help of his father and brother.

He's not a moron he is really lucky was the gist of the commentary. Maybe we should get him to buy our lottery tickets as our retirement investments go south.

Jeff

Cyburbian
5 outta 10, and I already knew the answers to a couple of them. I really suck.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
UGG

I was 7 of 10 in round 1 and 4 of 10 in round 2.

All Hail the might photoshoppers!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
9 out of 10 on level 1 (missed the plane/sound barrier one)

8 out of 10 on level 2 (missed the unborn baby hand & the parade)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Both of 'em ... 7 of 10. Not too bad, really.

God, if I could think of all the times I've forwarded URLs to an appropriate Snopes page to an administrative staff member ...