The Blues Brothers Soundtrack
Cydi Lauper - Twelve Deadly Cyns
Lisa Loeb - Firecracker
Alanis Morisette - Jagged little Pill
Barenaked Ladies - Stunt
Barenaked Ladies - Disc One
Dean Martin - 61 Great Performances
Natalie Merchant - Tiger Lily

I guess that I too am pretty into El Guapo's lesbian rock, since (when I was not out sick) last week, I had my Indigo Girls, and Sarah Mac in. I wish they would bring back Lillith Fair! :)

Confession Time

Gloria Estefan and Jimmy Buffet! When I was working in the planning mines of dreary Southwest Kansas no music would mentally relocate me further away from the grey sheen of big cattle than Gloria or Jimmy. Yes I would get strange looks from co-workers who listened to both kinds of music: Country AND Western.

The rhythm will get you!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Parrot Head and Ditto Head

Who knew you could be both, El Guapo!

Right now I'm listing to Sinead O'Connor's "Mandinka" and fighting the urge to sing along in a falsetto voice...

Does anyone else enjoy...

...the old cowboy music that goes by the name of Western Swing? Like Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, and the Son's of the Pioneers?

My Father used to play that suff and I thought it stunk until just a few years ago. Then Napster happened upon us and I downloaded a bunch for him and I got hooked. You have to have a high tollerance for twang!

Old Style

Great diversity of music. Love it!
My wife Chris likes some of the old-style swing and country---she's from a farm in Missouri.
And hey, with the Grammys won by the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou," many see a BIG upswing in bluegrass.
We'd been into it well before that ----saw a very good group called "The Chapmans" from southern Missouri, outdoors in a pouring July rainstorm. Catch them if you can----outstanding harmony and solid instrumentals.
Here in Alaska, you cannot beat a late-night, early morning Bluegrass festival in the summer months ----when the sun barely, if ever, goes down!! Ya HOOOOOO!
Earl

I like that Dean Martin reference

Yeah, I could definitely do some serious planning to his stuff. I'd have to include John Coltrane, Ben Folds Five, and Cake. The 90's alternative rock, acoustic rock, jazz, and 60's pop rock could really do the job for me.

I tend not to listen to music at work, but when I do plug a cd into the computer, it tends to be Robert Cray, the Barenaked Ladies or Jimmy Buffett.

Yes, Ben Folds Five is one of my favourites. I also like to listen to Third Eye Blind, Billy Bragg & Wilco, the Willard Grant Conspiracy, the Cure, Van Morrison, the Be Good Tanya's, Neil Young and John Coltrane. The more ecletic, the better!

Trance Planning

For you Coltraine listeners:
A friend lent me a CD of remixes of a couple of Carlos Santana LPs -- Illuminations and A Love Supreme. The somewhat trance like compositions went rather well with the tedious and repititive tasks of the day. I've also tuned into the ambient channel on netradio.com for similar atmospheres.

If I want something more stimulating than ambient I often log on to WXPN Philladelphia (home of World Cafe) or WNCW Spindale, NC for some alt country/world beat/rock & soul mixes.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Caffeine for the ears...

...need some perking up this afternoon. Gonna pop in some Kylie Mingue and then some Pink. Maybe even throw in Amber's Greatest Remixes CD to get that Euro-trash discoteque feel goin' on...

I wish it was Pink

One of my co-worker's idea of music to plan by is Andrea Bocelli and Charlotte Church. If only her headphones worked properly. The sound is leaking out of her cubicle. A little culture and faulty equipment are dangerous things.

boiker

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
CD's currently in my office:

Counting Crows - This Desert Life
Rush - Chronicles
Tool - Lateralus
Rammstein - Mutter
Blues Traveler - Blues Traveler

In my car:
Disturbed - The Sickness
Godsmack - Awake
The Misfits - Static Age & Earth AD
Various burned CD's

I have weird music tastes...one minute I'll be listening to classical...the next punk...
..and i thought i was the only one.

i was listening to slipknot and system of a down the other day and everyone thought i psycho.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
boiker said:

..and i thought i was the only one.

i was listening to slipknot and system of a down the other day and everyone thought i psycho.
I get the same thing... :)

My fiance LOVES (sarcasm intended) my musical tastes...she listens to country and dance...and interesting mix of tastes in its own right...

boiker

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:

I get the same thing... :)

My fiance LOVES (sarcasm intended) my musical tastes...she listens to country and dance...and interesting mix of tastes in its own right...
My wife is the one who really loves slipknot. she forced me to their concert :)

my tastes really range from oldies, 70s, 80s, electronica, techno, metal, to stuff that can't be classified like radiohead.

i really do not like rap-metal. some rap is ok, the really out there artists like outkast, busta rhymes, dmx, ja rule. all the other suck.

one thing that my wife and I both agree... country sux

Et tu Giff?

Say it aint so - what with you livin in the heartland and all.
Here in Santa Poco we got both kinds: Country and Western.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: Et tu Giff?

El Guapo said:
Say it aint so - what with you livin in the heartland and all.
Here in Santa Poco we got both kinds: Country and Western.
I am refusing to grow old enough to enjoy C&W. I considered it TEOTWAWKI when the High School kids started going Country. ACK.... There's satan in that music, I just know it. I'll de-code it yet, I just haven't found the key. I'm working on "She thanks mah tractor's sexy" now. I'll find it I tell you....

Has anyone ever seen...

...Garth and Satan in the same room at the same time? I wonder if....

Blind Melon Change this morning.

My main job these days is working the morning sign-on shift at KBRW public radio in Barrow, Alaska.
A while back, there was a move to "modernize" our music and hundreds of record albums were going to be tossed in the dumpster. Thank goodness one of our volunteer DJ's, who works at the city, found space for the orphan albums in a city facility.
Several of us went over there the other day and retrieved over 100 of the classic albums. Now in the morning, I am playing some classic Rare Earth---with a jazz-type sound, also Buffalo Springfield, early Santana and much more.
Rock on!
Earl