• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

My current job just got posted

gtpeach

Cyburbian
The pay range is from what I make now to about $10k more than I make now. When I applied, I was hired at the top of the pay range. I'm trying not to read too much into it...

Also, please be aware this is not on the confidential career issues thread. ;)

Bubba

Cyburbian
The pay range is from what I make now to about $10k more than I make now. When I applied, I was hired at the top of the pay range. I'm trying not to read too much into it...
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. State and local governments can be really clumsy at times when tweaking pay bands.

Last edited:

Salmissra

Cyburbian
How long have you been there? In that time, was there any market comparison done (whether by HR or an outside entity)? Maybe that bumped it into the next higher band. Also, they may have realized they need to pay more to compete.

I wouldn't worry about it, either.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
I've been here just under 2 years. My suspicion is that it's at least partially based on the amount of turnover they've been experiencing.

DVD

Cyburbian
I've been here just under 2 years. My suspicion is that it's at least partially based on the amount of turnover they've been experiencing.
Bingo! They weren't going to change the pay while you were there. Why would they? They have a happy employee. Now that they're in the market for a new one they may have realized, like a fat middle aged divorced guy, it's time to do something different to find a keeper.

Look at it this way. At least they realized you filled an important role. My last job decided not to rehire my position and is having the county next door do the work a couple times each week.