• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

My last day as a true DecaturHawk

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Well, it's my last day with the City of Decatur. I start my new job as a consultant in Grand Rapids on the 24th. So, I'll probably be off the boards for a while, but I will check in on the weekends. Daytime slacking will likely be greatly reduced after the 24th. Looks like I'll be moving up by myself for a few weeks, since our house here is not sold and we haven't yet settled on a new one in GR. I'm going to work my a$$ off for four days a week so I can make the 5 1/2 hour trip back to Decatur to be with my wife and kids for a long weekend. Hope that doesn't last too many weeks.

Looking forward to a laefest with Maister, Michaelskis, SWMiPlanner, Planner by Day, and anyone else whom I may have left out living in the area .

Also, I'll have to ask Dan if I can retire the DecaturHawk name, as it has lost its immediacy. Lesson learned: a planner should never use his/her base city as part of a screen name.

I'll post one more GTC today (if JNL is the queen of GTC, I get to be the king!). That way, I can get use of that image before I delete it from my office computer. See ya'll later.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Looking forward to a laefest with Maister, Michaelskis, SWMiPlanner, Planner by Day, and anyone else whom I may have left out living in the area.
DH, best wishes with your new endeavor! Looking forward to your return.

When the laefest eventually occurs with Maister, Michaelskis, SWMiPlanner, Planner by Day, and others, we would appreciate a full report on who drank the others under the table! :b:

BKM

Cyburbian
Congrats! No offense at all to Decatur, but Grand Rapids is a nice change.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Hope being separated from the family goes OK.

Good luck. Michigan is a great state to live in.

Last edited:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Have a safe trip and enjoy the time you have between gigs!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Are we witnessing the birth of GRHawk? 8-!
All the best for a satisfying start to this new career!

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Best of luck and enjoy a safe journey. BTW, I'm also considering asking Dan to change my name to something less geographically related. :b:

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Congratulations, DecataurHawk. Good luck with everything in Michigan. It sounds like you'll probably have more interesting planning experiences there.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Whooo Hooo! South West Michigan gets another Dot... Once you get settled in, let us know. We all will have to meet up some Saturday afternoon to consume a few choice beverages!

Big Easy King said:
When the laefest eventually occurs with Maister, Michaelskis, SWMiPlanner, Planner by Day, and others, we would appreciate a full report on who drank the others under the table! :b:
Well, PBD and I will not have a problem... Maister on the other hand...

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
This is interesting. Mrs. Mendelman and I will be camping this weekend with some friends at a campground near Decatur, MI in southwest michigan. B-) :)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
michaelskis said:
Whooo Hooo! South West Michigan gets another Dot... Once you get settled in, let us know. We all will have to meet up some Saturday afternoon to consume a few choice beverages!

Well, PBD and I will not have a problem... Maister on the other hand...
Well, I can see some serious redemption is in order here. I say we break out some of my homemade lime vodka and settle this matter once and for all (This time I'll eat several sponges beforehand). Yes DH will have to be present to officiate.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Best of luck with the move, and see you back soon! :b:

el Guapo

Capitalist
Is the Barcolounger going with you? ;)

Great news and I hope you enjoy your Geographic Bachelorhood. It will give you plenty of time to ride that is guilt free.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Maister said:
Well, I can see some serious redemption is in order here. I say we break out some of my homemade lime vodka and settle this matter once and for all (This time I'll eat several sponges beforehand). Yes DH will have to be present to officiate.
I rather not go blind

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Good luck in the move DH. GR is a pretty cool city. I hope you like job, and we look forward to some "Rigors of Private Planning #......" Threads.

There is a neat ole' british style pub in Plainwell (between K-zoo and GR) called Aries London Grill. It would be a great place to meet of a laefest some time.

michaelskis said:
I rather not go blind
Michaelskis, by the sounds of it I think you probably would go blind or at least have this :-b look on your face, I know I would

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
DH or GRH
good luck with the relocation (and everything that it involves).
safe travels on those weekends back and forth (hope you don't do for too long).
Laefest - we want photos.

JNL

Cyburbian
All the best, to the Cyburbanite-formerly-known-as-DecaturHawk!

From Queen JNL ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Hey, congrats on your move, but o-crap, here we go again, learning another name on Cyburbia. I AM NOT IN ZONING ANYMORE (OK, take a deep breath) but I keep my name. I get too confused with the Cyburbia name changes. I will miss DH; it is a cool name, but whatever your reincarnation, welcome back!

Michele Zone

BANNED
Yes, like ZG said, I get confused. So when you do get around to PM-ing me later in the summer, let me know who in heck you were ...and if it wasn't you that said that, Never Mind! I might already be confused. :D :p

Congrats on the move. :cool: :)

Last edited: