• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

My new life begins

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Life presents its challanges but I sure hope I'm doing the right thing: With a heavy heart, I submitted my formal resignation this afternoon with my last day of work being June 4. My eldest son graduates from high school the next day. I'm packing my few belongings on Sunday and leaving on Monday. My trip to Florida will take me through my home state of California to visit family and friends (I know, not a short cut from here in Idaho). For a period of a couple of weeks or more I'll be absent from this board. And I'll miss that.

Thanks to everyone here who has provided support and encouragement--it's truely appreciated. See you at the Florida Laefest!!!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Good luck in your adventure! We'll be thinking of you, and we send our best wishes your way.

Oh ... watch out for palmetto bugs!

Congrats. May your journey be a spiritual one, where you let go, lay to rest, and make peace. May you arrive in Florida refreshed and ready for your new beginning. :)

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Congrats. have a safe trip and good luck with everything RJ! :b:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Best wishes, RJ:b::b::b:
Take a last look before you leave, then turn, smile and be born anew!
We'll leave the Cyburbia light on till you get back home. :-D

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Have a safe trip RJ. Try to take advantage of the change. See it as an opportunity to start afresh! :)
All the best for everything and report back once you are unpacked and relaxed in your new environment.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Good luck and Godspeed RJ! I hope this move is something positive for you and your future happiness. :-}

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Heck, why not really go out of the way and get to Florida via the Chicago and Toronto Laefests? I think we might even be able to find a place for you to crash and feed you too, if you were to bring along a couple cases of Moose Drool.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
Thanks to everyone here who has provided support and encouragement--it's truely appreciated. See you at the Florida Laefest!!!
Come on down to the Sunshine State!!!!!!!!!!!!!

el Guapo

Capitalist
On your way East watch out for the speed trap in Pawnee Rock, Kansas.

Good Luck Old-Timer. :)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Good luck on your new adventure in life. I hope you have a good road trip! Take lots of pictures for us.

JNL

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Heck, why not really go out of the way and get to Florida via the Chicago and Toronto Laefests?
I'll buy you a beer if you do! :) All the best RJ. A new door is opening for you and who knows what exciting things are on the other side!

Queen B

Cyburbian
Have a safe trip. Remember if you miss us to much you can get on line at almost any public library...

I guess if you are headed for California you will be taking the southern route and will miss us in Kansas all together. That saddens me...
Sure was hoping to meet you on your way though.

Good luck on your new adventure!!!!!!!!
Have a safe uneventful trip.

Budgie

Cyburbian
In the immortal words of Steppenwolf --- "It's never to late to start all over again."

The hard part is over and it's time to heal. The topical climate will do wonders to your constitution. Go subadiving and muffdiving. We can compare notes later. ;)

Rem

Cyburbian
Good luck for a safe trip RichmondJake and a bright rebirth in Florida. From what I have read on Cyburbia, Florida needs all the planners it can get and is most welcoming of northerners. ;-)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
I hope all goes well for you on your journary south and east. Your'll be missed while your away and, do stop in and say hello while your on the road. I know we would all love to hear from you.

Good luck a the new job and take it easy.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Have a safe trip, good luck with the new beginnings. And remember to be respectful when you finally meet the Godesses! ;-)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Good luck with the change!!

Florida

should be much different than

Idaho! :-D

Last edited:

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Best of luck with everything, have a safe trip, and don't forget to stop and smell the flowers/diesel fumes/coffee/beer along the way.

Dragon

Cyburbian
That is the same last day as jestes' 8-!

Enjoy your trip. Many things to see along the way. And welcome to the sunny south, where you may see one inch of snow in 5 years. Watch out for the hurricanes though.

Richmond Jake

Cardinal said:
Heck, why not really go out of the way and get to Florida via the Chicago and Toronto Laefests? I think we might even be able to find a place for you to crash and feed you too, if you were to bring along a couple cases of Moose Drool.
Hey, I can "free" some Drool from the business the adultress and I own (I'll be an owner for a few more days), but you'll (getting southern on you ;-) ), are just a bit too far north of my intended route. Sorry.

BTW, I think I'll print your map Cardinal showing the locations of the planners as I make my way across country and maybe post my location. Maybe hook up with some of you along the way. Have some micro-mini laefests.

Dragon

Cyburbian
RichmondJake said:
BTW, I think I'll print your map Cardinal showing the locations of the planners as I make my way across country and maybe post my location. Maybe hook up with some of you along the way. Have some micro-mini laefests.
If you come through Mississippi on the I-10 route, there is a nice little microbrewery about 10 minutes from the interstate. Mini laefest potential! :-D :b:

Richmond Jake

Dragon said:
If you come through Mississippi on the I-10 route, there is a nice little microbrewery about 10 minutes from the interstate. Mini laefest potential! :-D :b:
The 8 ball says: Looks promising. Color me there. :b:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
So, if I get toasted for all of my "professional development" on Cyburbia ;-)
I'm going to go on "job interviews" with all the members of Cyburbia with my unemployment check. I'll head west to JNA, then north to Plannerbabs, then northwest to Chitown . . . :-D

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Rem said:
Good luck for a safe trip RichmondJake and a bright rebirth in Florida. From what I have read on Cyburbia, Florida needs all the planners it can get and is most welcoming of northerners. ;-)
Planners - yes...New Yorkers - no!!!!!!!!!!!!