• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

My New Publication

H

Cyburbian
I would like to share my recent publication (as of today 27 June 2003) with the forum. The publication is about Community Development for an area of Peru that I have worked in. I apologize, it is in Spanish only and there is not an English version. However, if you are so inclined to read the Spanish version I would love to hear any feedback or have discussion.

Thanks and I look forward to comment.

Huston

http://www.geotropico.org/1_1_Gibson.html

biscuit

Cyburbian
Like Planderella, I too am a lazy American who never took the initiative to learn Spanish but congrats on the effort anyway. We may have to wait on SkeLeton to give a readers critique.

H

Cyburbian
Repo Man said:
Go here:

http://www.free-translator.com/translator3.html

and enter the web address. It seems to translate it pretty well. The tables don't work, but the text does.

Yes that site works for the gist of things, but it is pretty loose.

Thank you all for the interest.

Ps. Skel, I hope you do read it since you are in a neighboring country (even though Chileans usually don’t have too many nice things to say about Peru, and vice versa. The whole Pisco thing/debate I guess.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Interesting publication, sadly I can't comment much about Peru, because I don't know much...

And about the Pisco thing... I could care less...plus AFAIK Pisco is an Incaic recipie, so it should belong to them (although I can't say that here, or I'd be beaten :p)

Peru is poorer than Chile, and much more underdeveloped (although they were a much richer colony in the past), but still most of the hatred is because the famous Pacific War, that was in 1879-1883, in which we also did some nasty things... (Chilean forces even reached Lima) and now Peruvians and Bolivians have their grudge agaist us. But it was Chile that made posible the liberation of Peru.

Oh well, at least your publication serves to make a better tomorrow for Peru ;)