• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

My new toy ...

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Aside from the Sharp Zaurus 5500 PDA, which I'm a bit mad at because I'm having problems with wireless networking ....

The Logitech MX700 wireless optical mouse. Oh man, is this sweet! Smooth, responsive, and absolutely no lag time whatsoever. The thing slides across my Allsop plastic mousing surface like an Atlanta driver on black ice. Highly recommended.

I am teh RoXx0RZ!!!1!!!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
WOW
Nice purchase. I assume those were birthday presents to yourself.

The mouse looks for futuristic. I remember when I went from a lame ole' tan mouse to a black and silver comapq mouse. I thought that was futuristic, but that's nothing compared to that gem.

I assume that is a cradle it is stittin to charge it up?

Jen

Cyburbian
It looks like an electric shaver, or a hand held muscle massager!

Cool beans too!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I've got one of them, too. I'm not too fond of it, or maybe I just have not gotten used to it yet. It is a little too large and the buttons seem odd to me. The wireless keyboard is incredible, though.

ludes98

Cyburbian
I have the Duo set also and have been VERY happy with it. I think the mouse is so much more comfortable than the classic MS mouse I am forced to use at work! Now they have the bluetooth MX, which acts as a bluetooth hub for your system.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
New tower CPU will be my next acquisiton.

Today I had to settle for *just* gettting a new 17" flat panel monitor to replace the volkswagen sized 15" monitor I had from the 20th century. :)

Since my desk is a 42" x 63" antique it now looks even bigger!

FueledByRamen

Cyburbian
Heres mine:

It doesnt have the docking station thing like yours does, but I have rechargable batteries. Its a good mouse, but its kinda finicky for playing games (Counter-Strike mainly) as it will sometimes not respond. Oh and by the way, if you have pets (or if you are going bald) you'll want to make sure you vacuum and dust xtra well around your computer. A small hair in the optical part will make you want to throw the mouse out the window, which is the only bad thing Ive encountered with using a wireless mouse...I tend to walk off with it or throw it at the dog.

(just kidding)

Adam

ludes98

Cyburbian
FueledByRamen said:
Its a good mouse, but its kinda finicky for playing games (Counter-Strike mainly) as it will sometimes not respond.

The MX is designed to allow gaming. It has very high resolution and frame rates, so there is no lag like other cordless products. I use mine in 1942 and UT2003 with no issues.