• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

name change possible?

CiNYC

just wondering if it's possible for an admin to change my user name.

if so, i'd like it to be CiNYC just to maintain a bit of anonymity. not trying to hide from anyone though :)

thanks.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Look at your name - I think you already are!

Now kids post an anouncement telling the world about your name changes. It is only polite.

The Irish One

I want to, I want to, can, I can I?

Oh gee if I could change my name it would be, well I don't know, give me a while.

I'm thinking,

el Guapo

Capitalist
I kinda like you the way you are Irish. But if I was going to suggest one: Try on ANGUS!

Rem

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
I kinda like you the way you are Irish. But if I was going to suggest one: Try on ANGUS!
If you go with that, here's an avatar option.

The Irish One

I was thinking something like Punctilio or Punctilious. Angus is a good name. still thinking

Last edited:

Jeff

Cyburbian
We could turn this into the "First Annual Rename ALL Cyburbians Contest" Why stop at renaming the Cardinal. Everyone needs to be someone else every now and then you know.

Now, who should I be?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
We could turn this into the "First Annual Rename ALL Cyburbians Contest" Why stop at renaming the Cardinal. Everyone needs to be someone else every now and then you know.

Now, who should I be?
Oh god, no. I'd never be able to figure out who everyone is anymore.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Alan said:
Can I change my name to Wanigas? It's a local joke from where I come from...
Alan - Serious?
I'll do it, you just will have to go re-intorduce yourself again.

el Guapo

Capitalist
[PBS Speak] But PG - we can't expect people who feel "trapped" in a name because of society’s intolerance and traditional role and gender expectations to stay in an ill fitting name without getting deeply psychologically messed up. (Ashcroft's fault) We need to empower their need to explore alternative identities. We need to nurture, not lecture. [/PBS Speak]

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
el Guapo said:
Alan - Serious?
I'll do it, you just will have to go re-intorduce yourself again.
Yes, I am serious. And yes, I will properly re-introduce myself.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Senor El Guapo: I am amazed and yet terrified by the strange and mystic powers you hold but administor in such a benevolent fashion. I too am considering a name change to reflect my current geographic location--or maybe for use as a chick magnet....thinking.

Jeff

Cyburbian
We should all come in disguise on Halloween.

El Guap...make it happen my good man.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I have been also considering a name change (sorry PG :p), but haven't come with a good replacement of this childish nickname I've always been dragging.... Any suggestions?

el Guapo

Capitalist
Only if Dan approves. I could have a sign up list for a Costume party - Change all the names for a week and let people pick their avatars for the party. Then I could change them all back. But it is a lot of work.

el Guapo

Capitalist
SkeLeton said:
I have been also considering a name change (sorry PG :p), but haven't come with a good replacement of this childish nickname I've always been dragging.... Any suggestions?
Skeleton
Your new Delta Tau Delta Pledge name is The Wee Nipper!

el Guapo

Capitalist
The Delta Tau Delta thingy is just a joke based upon the movie Animal House. Pick your own name my friend.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Nah... I think I'll better stick with the tradition :p
SkeLeton since 1997.. and I've never been able to invent a new and better one... oh an BTW it's not because of skeletor ok? I'm just extremely thin (no, not anorexic... just genetically thin, until my mid 20s)

biscuit

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
Nah... oh an BTW it's not because of skeletor ok? I'm just extremely thin (no, not anorexic... just genetically thin, until my mid 20s)
Yeah, you enjoy that while you can. Once you hit about 25-26 you're gonna have to start working on staying skinny. Unless of coursr you decide to pick up a nasty drug habit. That will keep you thin with no work at all. ;)

As for names, I think I'll keep my current moniker - even though it is kind of lame. Who knows, maybe I'll change it to something that makes me sound real compter savy - because I'm not. Maybe something like BiS22xfs5 or even Linuxfukr. :p

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
or how about AssMan ...remember when Kramer got the personalized license plates intended for a proctologist?

The Irish One

Steven Koren is George Costanza's choice to get his deceased fiance's scholarship fund because Steven wants to be an Architect and later decides on Urban Planning which pisses George off.