• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Name the Unborn Mateja (s)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
In anticipation of KMateja's plan to put a bun in the oven, Cyburnbanites give us your baby names!

BOYS:
* Cameron

* Emory

* Elliott

GIRLS
* Monique

* Allison

* Claire

Hey! How did you know Mabel is my gramma? seriously.

and rob wants a Robert the III. but his dad is bob, he's a rob, so he wants to call this one "little bobby"! blargh! is he on acid?

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Not sure what Kel is looking for, but here are my names that I like. Too bad most of the boy names sound stupid with Hilton as a last name, so I won't use most of them :( Our girls name is going to be Josephine Grace (don't laugh, it's after our grandmothers, and I LOVE it)

BOY:
Connor
Carter
Landon
Spencer
Gavin
Aiden

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Hey wait...

How is the last name pronounced?

Is it:

ma TEJ ah
MAT e jah
ma TEH ha

What?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
The Irish one said:
if you won't go with skeeter I suggest Cooter or Rosco
Cooter?! Why stop there? Name the poor kid "Scrotum"...

Scrotum Mateja

Habanero

Cyburbian
I've always liked Emerson for a girl and Everett for a boy-

you cannot name anything "cooter" that's like naming a child vagina!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Or names inspired by Cyburbia?

how about:

GIRLS:
*Nerudite
*Corsett
*Kitty

BOYS:
*Guapo
*Runner
*Gifford
*Tex

Habanero

Cyburbian
Did you ever think of taking all the letters in your first name and those of Rob's and seeign what that makes? Soemtimes you can get names out of that-

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
OK....I've decided that if my wife is indeed pregnant with a girl (remember, we already have the boy's name, Elijah John) there's no way I'm opening up a Name NHPlanner's Baby Girl thread! :)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
TexasPlanner said:
Did you ever think of taking all the letters in your first name and those of Rob's and seeign what that makes? Soemtimes you can get names out of that-
Kob
Belly
Lobe
Bloe

Some real winners in there!

Jeff

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
Borelleky....WE HAVE A WINNER!

Its pronounced Mah TEE jah, but the real, polish pronunciation , and the one i like much better should be Muh TAY ah.

And you guys are hysterical. Christine, i'm not really looking for name, brian just offered to help. If i have my way, the girls will be Grace Karen, and Anna Elizabeth - both middle names are our sisters. If we have boys, probably Little Bobby (ack!) and Ethan Patrick (mn is my bro).

and the plural is because i've got a better shot at twins than i do with just a singleton.

but now that you mention it.... What about Boom Boom Washington Mateja?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mastiff said:

Kob
Belly
Lobe
Bloe
Some real winners in there!
Bloe Mateja. Gee, maybe thats why you're not pregnant yet - you're doing it wrong.

Badda Bing!

NHPlanner said:
OK....I've decided that if my wife is indeed pregnant with a girl (remember, we already have the boy's name, Elijah John) there's no way I'm opening up a Name NHPlanner's Baby Girl thread! :)
Yay! When can you hpt?

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I'm not really looking for name, brian just offered to help
I know, but thought I'd throw them out... I like what you have picked out!! ((not that it matters, but thought I'd add my .02)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
KMateja said:
Its pronounced Mah TEE jah, but the real, polish pronunciation , and the one i like much better should be Muh TAY ah.
Raja Mateja
Lee Mateja
Patty Mateja
Mahatma Mateja

How's those?

Thanks, christine! I'll invite everyone over to my babycenter.com name poll once i'm actually knocked up and rob and i are *really* arguing over names!

OMG - giff, i almost put my tea out my nose! Pateja Mateja. But I really like Mahatma Mateja. Did anyone watch Clone High on MTV last night? i thought it was hysterical!

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:

Yay! When can you hpt?
She hasn't taken a test since Wednesday last week....and we just haven't had the guts to take another one (over the past 7 months we've lost track of how many negative pregnancy tests she's taken)....I guess the good news is that she still hasn't started her period....so there is still hope....I will keep you posted, Kelly. :)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
KMateja said:
OMG - giff, i almost put my tea out my nose! Pateja Mateja. But I really like Mahatma Mateja. Did anyone watch Clone High on MTV last night? i thought it was hysterical!
Missed it, but my meeting got cancelled for tonight, so I get to watch American Idol. Yippee Skippee.

NHPlanner said:

She hasn't taken a test since Wednesday last week....and we just haven't had the guts to take another one (over the past 7 months we've lost track of how many negative pregnancy tests she's taken)....I guess the good news is that she still hasn't started her period....so there is still hope....I will keep you posted, Kelly. :)
To use the TTC lingo: SAAF! SAAF!!! (stay away Aunt Flo!) hee. how many days late is she?

Jeff

Cyburbian
I can't believe my little guy is coming in 18 weeks...

I just did the room up this weekend...firetrucks and dalmations are everywhere....and that's just my bedroom ;)

Mike DeVuono said:
I can't believe my little guy is coming in 18 weeks...

I just did the room up this weekend...firetrucks and dalmations are everywhere....and that's just my bedroom ;)
hee! that's going to go so fast! once you get past the halfway point - its like eating a box of oreos watching TLC - gone before you know it!

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:

To use the TTC lingo: SAAF! SAAF!!! (stay away Aunt Flo!) hee. how many days late is she?
First of all...what is SAAF?

On how late...well...up until the last 2 months she was very irregular....but the last 2 months she seemed back to normal. Assuming back to normal, she should have started on either Wednesday or Thursday last week.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I can't believe we have not had a few "planner" names yet:

Burnham
Nolen
Levitt

Of course, you could always go with names having an ethnic flavor:

Brunhilda
Dieter
Horst

Or you might want to name your kid(s) after these reprobates:

Osama
Fidel
Prudence
Saddam

Jeff

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:
I can't believe we have not had a few "planner" names yet:

Burnham
Nolen
Levitt

B]

DORK !

Cleetus....c'mon, Cleetus or Skeeter!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Mike DeVuono said:
Are they Valley High names or what?
Those seem like upscale suburban last-name-as-first-name names.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with a timeless Irish-sounding name.

You could also consider the following:

Paco
Chuy
Rubio/Rubia
Jose
Chico
Ponch
Manuel
Jesus
Che
Orlando
Rudy
Ese
Vito
Angelo
Vinnie
Guido
Rocco
Vinchenza
Stanislaus

donk

Cyburbian
Local favorites here

Allison - boy or girl
Delbert
Bliss - boy
Isaie - boy

Girls

Pam
Tamala

el Guapo

Capitalist
I've always thought Angus was a lovely name for either a boy or a girl. You could go with Mateja Mateja in honor of Catch 22 or taking it further Butros Butros Mataja. Perhaps, Sho Nuff Mateja - from "I'm gonna get you sucka." Or another favorite is "Whitey." That name will serve him well just about anywhere.

Jen

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
Not sure what Kel is looking for, but here are my names that I like. Too bad most of the boy names sound stupid with Hilton as a last name, so I won't use most of them :( Our girls name is going to be Josephine Grace (don't laugh, it's after our grandmothers, and I LOVE it)

BOY:
Connor
Carter
Landon
Spencer
Gavin
Aiden
I love the name you picked out! I was close to choosing josephine, used to like Cornelia and Esther also. But we have an Allison and an August-Jane.

I like Claire, it is growng in popularity like Grace and Mabel (only because Paul and Jamie had a Mabel from Mad about You) I am sure. I m mean Mabel?