• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Nasty foods

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Mayo just scares me, smells funny, feels...well.. um..anyway no way am i gonna mess up my penutbutter and nanna sadwich with that nastystuff

donk

Cyburbian
no way am i gonna mess up my penutbutter and nanna sadwich

I hate peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I like peanut butter and I like banana's, but the taste and texture of them together does nothing for me. Actually, I don't like PB&J either. just plain peanut butter for me or plain jam.

nerudite

Cyburbian
What about peanut butter and dill pickles?

I used to work on a research trawler for USC out of Long Beach, and between hauling up fishing nets we'd sit around and eat these sandwiches. It made the college students grossed out (along with some pretty big waves it made a few hurl :) ). The fun of being in high school. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
One of my favourite foods is brine dill pickles, especially the ones where you heave to reach elbow deep into the barrel to get out, then wash to get the salt and light tinge of mold on the outside off.

Too bad for todays health regs, this is my fondest memory of Kensington Market in TO.

I've told this to others who would put these pickles on their nasty list.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
The Bick's Dill Pickle factory is adjacent to a rapid transit line in Toronto...they had to screen it off after people started noticing the open-air pickle vats, and all the crap (like dead seagulls) floating on the surface...