• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Holidays 🎆 Nat'l GRAB SOME NUTS Day - every Aug. 3rd

Best way to observe Grab Some Nuts Day?

• Grab some nuts

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Just watch others grab some nuts

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Fuhgeddaboudit

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grab Some Nuts Day is really a thing!
It's annual - every August 3rd.
That's today.

The majority of internet searches call it National Grab Some Nuts Day.
But the jury is still out on whether it's just a U.S. thing.

Teh Poll wants to know:

What's the best way to observe Grab Some Nuts Day?

P.S. August 3rd is also annual National Watermelon Day. (Coincidence?)

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
I refuse to respond to this thread because I don't want call down the wrath of the resident den mother. You knew someone was going to go there, I thought I would fall on my sword and get it done.

On a more serious note, cashews are my favorite, though they are not considered a nut.

DVD

Cyburbian
Why are all my favorite nuts not nuts. Cashews and peanuts I'm looking at you.

On a side note my zoning code has a use listed as "nut shop". No explanation, nothing. Just allowed in general commercial zone. I've always wondered if this is for selling edible nuts, but what is you sell peanuts? Is this for the sale of crazy people? Or is this some adult topic I don't want to know about?

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
Why are all my favorite nuts not nuts. Cashews and peanuts I'm looking at you.

On a side note my zoning code has a use listed as "nut shop". No explanation, nothing. Just allowed in general commercial zone. I've always wondered if this is for selling edible nuts, but what is you sell peanuts? Is this for the sale of crazy people? Or is this some adult topic I don't want to know about?
I've seen nut shops before. There were either in little kiosk type things or very small shops in a mall.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Nut shops clearly deserve to be specifically named in a zoning code as a permitted use. Because their associated land use impacts are distinctly different than, say, that of a candy store. Amiright?

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Nut shops clearly deserve to be specifically named in a zoning code as a permitted use. Because their associated land use impacts are distinctly different than, say, that of a candy store. Amiright?
In our current (1960's) ZO we list under "Retail stores specializing in the sale ... of any of the following:"
Bakery goods
Candy
Fruits or vegetables
Ice cream

But Nut is not listed.

DVD

Cyburbian
Well yes! Think about the allergy problems. A candy shop would clearly be permitted in say a C-1 zone where a nut shop needs C-2 or better. Maybe allow it in C-1 with a use permit if there are no allergic kids around.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Well yes! Think about the allergy problems. A candy shop would clearly be permitted in say a C-1 zone where a nut shop needs C-2 or better. Maybe allow it in C-1 with a use permit if there are no allergic kids around.
Good old think of the children.

MD Planner

Cyburbian

Uh hello! What about candy WITH nuts! :p

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
You have to take care and not call them nut houses.