• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

NB going to Hell #1

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
That is sad. Hope the thief has a conscience.

Years ago, I worked for a man whose 13-year old daughter died suddenly. Their house was burglarized while they were at the daughter's funeral. Hard to believe what some low-lifes will do.

biscuit

Cyburbian
That is sad. Hopefully the theif will do the right thing and return the tape. Although I'd be suprised if he did.

Zoning Goddess said:
Years ago, I worked for a man whose 13-year old daughter died suddenly. Their house was burglarized while they were at the daughter's funeral. Hard to believe what some low-lifes will do.
Actually this is more common than most people realize. I have a large extended family and can recall that at least one relative or family friend staying at the home to watch things while everyone else attends the service. Burglars read the obits too.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Yah, that is pretty crappy.

But on the other hand, if I was her family or friend, and the tape showed her being struck by lightening, I really don't think I could watch it. If it's of her playing in the soccer game, than that's different. I just couldn't watch a loved one being killed. It's bad enough that it happened in front of everyone, but to have to see it again? I couldn't do it.

Most wedding announcements up here are published a couple months after the wedding. I wouldn't want it published that I would be gone for one-two weeks in the Caribbean after my wedding.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Unfortunately, film like that can probably be sold to Fox for some sensational video show. You know the ones where they say "miraculously, no one was seriously hurt" after someone falls out of a 100 story building. I really hope this idiot electrocutes himself in the bathtub or something.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Now that's sad :(
I hope the moron returns the tape, and with the original filimg, because if the a$$hole tapes over it with anything, I'd kill him! (metaphorically speaking)

He can just mail the tape with no return adress if he doesn't want to get caught....

What a bummer to be killed by a lightning... one would never think of such scenario...